Art of Illusion is a free, open source 3D modelling and rendering studio. Highlights include subdivision surface based modelling tools, skeleton based animation, and a graphical language for designing procedural textures and materials.
What is new in this release:
- Animation can be previewed directly in the main window.
- Added support for Groovy scripting language.
- Refactored raytracer to be usable from scripts and plugins.
- Replaced Text script with a much better Text modelling tool.
- Changed the behavior of the Rotate View tool to be more intuitive.
- Lots of improvements to implicit objects.
- Render settings are saved as part of the scene.
- Added "Detach Points from Bone" command.
- Bug fixes and UI improvements.