Blender is the open-source software for 3D modeling, animation, rendering, post-production, interactive creation and playback. It is available for all major operating systems under the GNU General Public License. Its animations systems support a variety of techniques and tasks, allowing the creation of complex animations.
What is new in this release:
- Game Engine would crash for Objects using velocity clamping.
- Browsing render passes in Blender crashed.
What is new in version 2.74:
- Cycles got several precision, noise, speed, memory improvements, new Pointiness attribute.
- Viewport has new cool compositing features, outliner now manages orphan datablocks better.
- Modeling now allows custom normals, and transferring data layers between meshes.
- Massive improvements to hair dynamics and editing tools: a big step forward with more to come.
- A new tool "Cavity Mask" was added to sculpting/painting, along with other improvements.
- Great memory consumption optimization in Freestyle NPR stroke rendering.
- Grease pencil and Game engine improvements.