This program is a polygon editor. Maybe more commonly called a polygon modeler. You can call whichever comfortable for you. The main purpose is to build aircraft and ground visual models for YS FLIGHT SIMULATOR, but you can use it for making general polygonal models. If you make a correct solid model, you can export the data for 3D printing, for example. I wanted to make it easy to create aircraft models, so this program can quickly make a popular airfoils, and extrude along the wing leading and trailing edges. It also has basic boolean operations and rounding functions as well.
What is new in this release:
- Included Linux binaries with MacOSX
- Smoothed font
- Imprinting function
- Sewing function
What is new in version 20150927:
- Bug fix: Boolean operation was failing if one of the models is a thin rectangular solid.
- Bug fix: Left and right arrows of the view-control dialog were reversed from mouse motion.
- Bug fix: F3 and F6 views were the same. F6 view is now 180 degrees from F3 view.
- Bug fix: Vertex attributes were not copied in Cut & Paste and Mirror Image.
- Bug fix: 3D UI corrupted if a large model (like 5000x5000x5000) is opened.
- Can edit DNM hierarchy.
- Added "Scale selection" in the Edit menu.
- Added "Invert selected polygons" in the Edit menu.
- Lights are drawn correctly in DNM-preview mode.
- Smooth-shading vertex and Self-lighting polygon are moved to Edit->Rendering option
- Can divide smooth-shading region by a constraint edge. (Menu in the Edit->Rendring Option) This feature will be available in the next version of YSFLIGHT.
- Linux binaries are included in the MacOSX package.
What is new in version 20150329:
- DNM-Preview dialog
- Parallelized part of the boolean operations
- Switched build environment to CMake
- DNM Save
- Cross-section view
- OpenMesh OFF input/output
- Boolean operations between an open surface and a solid
- Other bug fixes
What is new in version 20140909:
- Solid of revolution
- Deleting vertices located at the same place
- Added "Recent Files"
- Better color-palette dialog
- Wavefront .OBJ file type import/export
- Other bug fixes