ProModeler includes all of the powerful 3D content creation tools as the ProAnimator product. It allows you to generate complicated models and logos that would take hours to create in other 3D applications. The Ray Tracer Renderer renders gorgeous, highly realistic surfaces for all of your 3D objects. Customize settings such as the Reflectivity, Falloff and Blurriness to increase the amount of realism. Change the Position, Rotation, or Scale of the material. Enable Tiling to repeat or mirror in both X and Y direction. Being able to edit the position, rotation, or tiling means no more going back and forth into Photoshop to adjust the texture maps. With the Refraction setting, you customize the amount of Refraction for the Material and how fuzzy the transparency is. This allows you to create interesting surfaces for glass, ice, water or more. By adding Bump Maps, this adds even more possiblilities such as creating Frosty or Fuzzy looking glass materials. Use the new Grid Shader to easily create patterns or Bump, Transparency and Reflectivity Maps. Adjust Opacity values to have transparent lines or grids that can be blended with other designs. This lets you easily set up background elements such as Marble or other tile flooring!
What is new in this release:
- GPU-based Open GL rendering. Enables final quality textures, bump maps, reflections and shadows right in the 3D preview window.
- Changes have been made to handle text editing under more situations allowing text to be freely edited while retaining it's original position.
- The user interface on Windows has been upgraded for a more modern look.
- A blur function was added to the noise shaders making for better bump maps and a wider range of uses.
- Bump maps have been made more dramatic... and useful.
- The Specular channel is now full color ... good for metallic materials.
- Material channels now show a "no" sign if they don't affect the material. This makes it very easy to see which channels are contributing to the look of the material.
- Imported 3D objects now have normals imported too.
- There is a new Preference to disable jumping to the start of a Pose or Transition when a control is changed. This enables you to leave the Time Marker at a point in time while you change the controls at a different time (ProAnimator Only).
- Undo now works faster, especially when working with Fragmentations (ProAnimator Only).
- ProAnimator no longer pops to the front each time a frame is rendered. This way you can put ProAnimator in the background and work on other things while it's still rendering.
- Object Animation presets can now be organized into folders (ProAnimator Only).
- The timeline will automatically scroll if you drag a Pose past the end of the timeline (ProAnimator Only).
- The drawing window now automatically scrolls if you drag objects to the edge of the drawing area.
- Fixes an issue where using the Color Picker when working on a Mac OSX Lion may cause the program to crash.
- Fixes an issue on Lion where clicking the "little red ball" button may cause a crash (3D Invigorator Only).