Google SketchUp is a free, easy-to-learn 3D-modeling program with a few simple tools to let you create 3D models of houses, sheds, decks, home additions, woodworking projects, and even space ships. You can add details, textures, and glass to your models, and design with dimensional accuracy. You can place your finished models in Google Earth, share them with others by posting them to the 3D Warehouse, or print hard copies. Google SketchUp is a great way to discover if 3D modeling is right for you.
What is new in this release:
- Fixed an issue where the Dynamic Components and Classified badges were not always visible for online models in the Components browser.
- Fixed an issue where the Component browser was showing an older model version than when downloading the component in a browser.
- Fixed an issue where a Rotated Rectangle would incorrectly rotate when entering a length/width without an angle.
- Changed the SketchUp Pro title bar to show trial days remaining when in a trial.
- Windows: fixed an issue where thumbnails of SketchUp models were not visible in Windows Explorer on some machines.
- Windows: fixed an issue where links on the Learn tab of the Welcome dialog wouldn't open in a user's default browser.
What is new in version 15.2.687:
- Fixed a crash that occurred at program startup on some computers.
- Fixed a crash that could occur while exporting certain complex models.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when changing the number of segments in a circle or polygon.
- Fixed an issue that caused SketchUp Make to launch with a “SketchUp Pro is expired” dialog on some computers.
- Fixed an issue where escaping from the Classifier tool resulted in no tool being active.
- Added all currently supported IFC export Types to the IFC exporter Options dialog.
- Fixed an issue where certain labels on the Welcome dialog could temporarily be blank after entering a license.
- All new UI designed for the latest OS X 10.10 and Windows 8
- Completely rebuilt to achieve the best music transferring performance
What is new in version 15.1.105:
Windows users who installed SketchUp directly into a root of a drive, or into a network path that did not begin with a driver letter, or into a path with unicode characters in it would crash on startup. We have fixed this issue so that installing to these locations no longer crashes. We strongly recommend that users not install SketchUp into a path with unicode characters, as this can still cause Ruby errors.
What is new in version 15.0.9351:
- Improved the Polygon tool to allow the creation of both circumscribed and inscribed polygons via a modifier key (Ctrl on Microsoft Windows, Option on Mac OS X).
- Added the ability to delete all in model materials.
- We renamed the Plugins menu to Extensions to be more inline with our current naming conventions. This should not break existing plugins. Adding a menu item to the Plugins menu will still work, but that menu item will be added to the Extensions menu instead.
- Fixed an issue where DWG/DXF files imported into other applications were scaled incorrectly if SketchUp and the other application were not using inches.
- Fixed an issue where Intersect with Selection would fail when it should have worked.
- Fixed an issue that could cause glued components to move when moving other model geometry.
- Fixed an issue where Guide lines could fail to display or could display incorrectly in some models.
- Fixed an issue where the Axes tool could fail to display in some scenes.
- Improved the error message you see when a component created in a newer version of SketchUp is imported into an older version of SketchUp.
- Fixed an issue where Entity Info could display incorrect information when components and groups are selected.
- Fixed an issue that caused ground shadows for profile edges to sometimes draw incorrectly.
- Fixed the Measurements toolbar to no longer cut off labels.
- Changed Entity Info to report the correct value for a polygon perimeter.
- Windows: Added the ability to export TIFF and PNG images with a transparent background.
- Windows: Fixed an issue that caused the error message “Invalid length entered” when trying to change the point size of text after changing Unit precision.
- Windows: Changed the active component thumbnail displayed at the top of the Components browser to show Dynamic Component and Classified badges.