Sweet Home 3D helps you to design your interior quickly and easily: draw the rooms of each level of your home upon the image of an existing plan, change the color or the texture of each room, and drag and drop furniture onto the plan from a catalog organized by categories (windows, doors, living room, kitchen), in which you can import 3D models created by yourself or downloaded from various Web sites. All the changes made in the 2D plan are simultaneously reflected in a 3D view, and you can navigate in 3D either from an aerial view point, or from a virtual visitor view point. Finally, you can improve your home plan by adding dimensions and texts to it, print it along with the 3D view, create a photorealistic image of the 3D view with customized lights, create a movie from a virtual path in the 3D view and export the plan to SVG format or the 3D view to OBJ format to import them in other 2D or 3D software. Sweet Home 3D is available in English, Brazilian Portuguese, Bulgarian, Chinese, Czech, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, and Vietnamese.
What is new in this release:
- Added Invisible option to the Furniture materials pane to hide some parts of a piece of furniture.
- Made resizing of a piece of furniture with its resize indicator proportional when shift key is pressed.
What is new in version 5.1:
- Fixed a regression that prevented to easily select an object placed in a selected room.
- Fixed a bug that generated wrong SVG files for plans containing texts with the default font.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent to reopen a SH3D file saved with its furniture list sorted on Color or Texture columns.
- Removed unexpected surfaces displayed at the ground in 3D and matching objects at n-2 levels under the ground.
- Fixed wrongly computed cutout of staircases in the upper floor for some layouts.
- Fixed some 3D rendering issues on rooms at ground level under Mac OS X with Java 6.
- Fixed the management of icons and models referenced more than once in a SH3F or SH3T file edited with the Furniture Library Editor or the Textures Library Editor.
- Updated German, Japanese and Swedish help pages.
- Upgraded Java 3D to version 1.6.0-pre12 / JOGL 2.3.2 beta for the Mac OS X version run with Java 7 / 8.
- Replaced JRE 8u51 by JRE 8u60 in Sweet Home 3D installers bundled with Java under Windows.
- Other minor bugs fixes and enhancements.
What is new in version 5.0:
- Added a tool to draw polylines in the plan with various styles.
- Added the ability to display baseboards with wall and room modification panes.
- Made levels possibly not viewable with the new Viewable check box of their modification pane or with the new Make level unviewable menu item.
- Managed levels at the same elevation as layers with an order index that can be set in levels modification pane (may provoke some small changes in existing SH3D files).
- Added Edit > Paste style menu item to modify the style of the selected objects from the object of the same type copied in the clipboard.
- Added Add point to room and Delete point from room menu items in the contextual menu of the plan.
- Added the ability to select objects in furniture groups, edit them and delete them, without the need to ungroup grouped objects.
- Added Furniture > Add to group and Edit > Paste to group menu items to add objects to the selected group.
- Saved expanded groups in the furniture list.
- Added an option in preferences pane to change the default font.
- Added the ability to change the font and the color of free texts in their modification pane, as well as to display them in the 3D view at a given elevation.
- Added $level variable in print setup dialog box to print the name of the printed level in page header or footer.
- Checked the size of the image chosen in the background image and texture import wizards to propose to reduce it if it's very large.
- Proposed directly to save the current home after selecting Sweet Home 3D > Quit menu item under Mac OS X, when only one modified home is opened.
- Displayed an information message once a furniture or textures library import is completed.
- Allowed the pitch angle of the point of view to be between -90