BOINC is a software platform for distributed computing using volunteered computer resources. Many different projects can use BOINC. Projects are independent; each one operates its own servers and databases. Participants can participate in multiple projects; they control which projects they participate in, and how their resources are divided among these projects. When a project is down or has no work, the resources of its participants are divided among other projects.
What is new in this release:
Updated libcurl, openssl, and VirtualBox (for packages that include VirtualBox)
Fixed VirtualBox detection for Mac and Linux
Fixed numerous issues detected via coverity source code scans.
Fixed how elapsed time is displayed in the manager
Fixed localized number formatting issues
Fixed GPU detection issues
Fixed minimum password text in attach wizard
What is new in version 7.6.12:
- Update localizations
- Screensaver fix for when the client is suspended When using a proxy, fallback to HTTP 1.0 if the proxy returns a 417 status code.
- Fixed Windows 10 detection (kernel version change)
What is new in version 7.4.36:
- Attaching to World Community Grid
- Back-up projects (0 Resource Share)
- Better detection of notice updates (reduces the number of system notifications)
- Suspending GPUs should not suspend Bitcoin Miners
- Increasing the maximum number of coprocessor devices to 64
- Updates to OpenSSL(1.0.1j) and LibCurl?(7.39.0)
What is new in version 7.4.26:
Fix problem that was causing scheduler RPCs to fail on Yoyo@home (HTTP status code 400)