Fanurio is a time tracking and billing application designed to help freelancers manage their work and be paid for it. Here is a list with its most important features: * Organize your work per client using projects * Idle time detection to help you record all the time * Mark your work as billable (flat rate, hourly rate) or non-billable * Create partial invoices anytime during the project * Create invoices for single or multiple projects * Customize invoice templates using your own layouts * Import clients from other applications by means of a CSV file * Export data to a CSV file and import it in Excel or other applications * Create backup copies of your data Fanurio is designed to manage contracted work and billing for freelancers.
What is new in this release:
- Failed to exit on systems without a tray bar (Fedora Linux with openjdk 1.8.0).
- Time was not filtered correctly by project reports. The Invoiced and Billable filters didn't apply to time entries, they only applied to tasks, expenses, trips and products.
- The Task Summary by Week time report failed to calculate the week number for the last week of the year.
- The week filters from the New Invoice | Add Project Items dialog always used Monday as the first day of week.
- Failed to close on certain Linux systems (e.g. Ubuntu) if Fanurio was running when the computer was shut down.
- On Linux systems that don't have the DBus GNONME Session Manager, if something was recorded in Fanurio and then the OS was shut down immediately (40 seconds or less) without closing Fanurio first (File | Quit), those changes were lost (not saved to the database).
- The .deb installer failed to run on Linux systems that don't have openjdk-6-jre. It now works on all systems with openjdk-6-jre, openjdk-7-jre, openjdk-8-jre or openjdk-9-jre.
- The projects tree tried to select new or updated clients and projects that were not visible.
- Fixed the time formats used to import time from CSV. The Start field can match time in the 12-hour format (hh:mm a, hh:mm:ss a) and the 24-hour format (HH:mm, HH:mm:ss).
What is new in version 3.1.1:
- Enabled retina font support on OS X.?
- Improved the user interface to look better on HiDPI monitors (Windows and OS X). Most fonts, components, and layouts scale correctly now. ?This version doesn't have HiDPI icons and it will not work in HiDPI mode on Linux. These improvements are scheduled for another release.
- iBiz import - Failed to convert some invoices that contained job event groups. ?
- The time recorded by the timer was not always rounded down to the nearest minute. If the time entry dialog was configured to enter time relatively to start and end (both), the time recorded by the timer included seconds as well. For instance a timer session of 00:06:36 hours was not saved as 6 minutes (0.10 hours) but as 6 minutes and 36 seconds (0.11 hours). ?
- Time-related totals were not updated in the Tasks section of a project if a time entry was edited in the Edit Task dialog. ?
- Text fields from the New Invoice window collapsed when the window was not wide enough. ?
- Catalog items were not removed if deleted from Business " My Business Details. ?
- The first day of week displayed by the date range picker didn't depend upon the selected region. ?
- The paid flag was not updated when invoices were edited.
What is new in version 3.1:
Refreshed user interface
- Views bar: The new views bar is located below the toolbar and it allows you to switch between views. It replaces the toolbar dropdown box and the sidebar to provide only one method of changing the selected view. The place occupied by the toolbar dropdown box is now taken by a new button that closes the application.
- In previous versions, the sidebar allowed you to configure which views were visible but now you can disable the features that you don't use (e.g. billing, expenses, trips or products) and their associated views will be hidden.
- Lighter user interface: The status bar is now white instead of dark gray while the divider lines and the filters areas use a lighter gray than before. Also, all tables have slightly taller rows so that text is more readable.
- Database loading time: The database is loaded faster now. This change should be visible especially to users with large databases (data recorded over several years with many projects and invoices). In some cases, the database loading time will be reduced to a quarter of what it used to take.
- Newer versions of the database: The application can now detect whether the database has a newer version than what it can handle. If the database version is newer then it will not be opened.
- This situation can happen if you try to restore a backup created with a newer version of the application or if you share the database between multiple computers using Dropbox but not all the computers run the same version of the application.
- Manage repositories: In previous versions it was possible to configure the location of the database and the user-defined templates folder independently of each other but to make things easier, we decided to group them under a single folder called repository folder.
- The location of the repository folder can now be changed from File > Change Repository Folder... while the location of the backup folder can be changed from File > Change Backup Folder....
What is new in version 3.0.2:
The width was not always saved for hidden table columns that were made visible and then resized.
On OS X, the application can be installed in any folder, not just in Applications. If installed in subfolders that had a space in their name, the default templates and the user guide were not found.
Invoiced filters also showed non-billable elements. For instance, if both billable and non-billable expenses were recorded, when the Not Invoiced filter was selected in the Expenses view, non-billable expenses where still visible.
If a client had two or more projects with the same name and one of them was clicked, the first project was selected instead of the one that was clicked.
Failed to delete clients with invoices.
What is new in version 3.0.1:
"Not Fully Invoiced" shows new billable tasks; New Task for the selected project; Firewall warning on OS X; Various bug fixes.