4LightData is a utility database with integrated word processor, spreadsheet and drawing. The program can handle large amounts of data using the 4D database engine. It gives access to the engine's Import, Export, Quick Report, Graph, Query and Formula editors which allow the manipulating and reporting of the records. A very good introduction to the editors can be found in the 4D QuickStart Guide. Additionally, word processor, SVG drawing and spreadsheet features have been added to the database. It is now possible to merge form letters, drawings and spreadsheets with the database records.
What is new in this release:
- Numeric fields can evaluate simple calculations entered like 2+3, or 44/11.3.
- Minor bug fixes, and changes to the help windows.
- Some Draw improvements.
What is new in version 5.20150302:
Displays the first highlighted record in the list when queries highlight records. Added a "Duplicate" button to duplicate highlighted records. Added a "Hide/Show" button in the Design window to quickly set the visibility of columns.
What is new in version 5.20141210:
- Using installer package method to prevent the application from getting corrupted when unzipping.
- Draw Changes:
- New pencil line starts the line at the mouse down position in dense drawings.
- Redraw the picture after setting the document size.
- Hide the attributes window when editing in a text box.
- Grouping no longer groups less than one object. A single object can be grouped to prevent it from being accidentally stretched with the mouse.
- Added a Help button to reveal some undocumented key combinations.
- Slightly shifted the handle placement for some object types.