Ability Mail Server is an advanced, secure and high performing mail server. Featuring SMTP, POP3, IMAP4, WebMail, Remote Admin, LDAP, SSL, SPAM Filtering with Bayesian, RBL filters, SPF, Grey Listing, Black and White Listing, Antivirus Filtering, Content Filtering, POP3 retrievals, ODBC, mailing lists, static routing, domain administrators, aliases, redirections, auto-responses, user filtering, multiple folders, address books, IPv6 support, clustering and much more. Combines maximum functionality with ease of use.
What is new in this release:
- Added: Outgoing Mail recipient failure logging.
- Added: Outgoing Mail execute application on recipient failure.
- Added: Content / Antivirus Filter Action 'Convert Text Content to HTML' to generate a HTML section for plain-text only emails.
- Updated: Content / Antivirus Filter Action 'Add Signature' can now use User Personal Information field tags.
- Updated: OpenSSL to version 1.0.2L.
- Updated: WebMail Domain Admins can now edit User Personal Information.
- Updated: WebMail Log Out button is now on the main title bar instead of under a username drop down for easier access.
- Updated: WebMail action buttons now appear on the title bar as well as the bottom of the form for easier access.
- Updated: WebMail Sessions setting 'Delete Draft Mails After Sending' is now enabled by default for new installations.
- Removed: WebMail Sessions setting 'Restrict Session ID Access to the IP used During Login' as this is now always enabled.
- Fixed: Outgoing Mail failed recipient deliveries are now always retried unless a 5xx permanent error is given.
- Fixed: WebMail content "Are you want to..." updated to "Are you sure you want to..." with all appropriate translations.
What is new in version 4.2.2:
Version 4.2.2 added a new Outgoing Mail setting to try implicit SSL on a separate port before other delivery methods. Updated OpenSSL to version 1.0.2k. Fixed Outgoing Mail delivery failure messages weren't always sent to the sender. Fixed Mailing List max triggers per day must be greater than 0.
What is new in version 4.2.1:
Version 4.2.1 updates license validation to work offline after first successful online validation. Updated OpenSSL to version 1.0.2j.
What is new in version 4.2:
Version 4.2 fixed WebMail Internet Explorer compatibility and ODBC compatibility.
What is new in version 4.1.6:
Version 4.1.6 fixed WebMail browser compatibility issues on Windows versions of Chrome, Edge, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Opera. WebMail delete Domain Admin User, Custom Filter and POP3 Retrievals didn't work correctly. Fixed various minor WebMail interface issues.
What is new in version 3.2.7:
Version 3.2.7 added SSL mode selection to all incoming and outgoing services. Added new setting to Outgoing Mail and POP3 Retrievals to allow using a non-SSL connection when SSL connections fail.
What is new in version 3.2.6:
Added new General setting to select the TLS version used by listening services. Reintroduced support for SSL v2/3 for Outgoing Mail and POP3 Retrievals.
What is new in version 3.2.3:
Updated Online Help manual. Updated OpenSSL to version 1.0.2a. Updated ODBC DLLs. Removed DSBL and NJABL RBLs as these services are no longer available and would otherwise cause a false positive SPAM RBL-FAIL result.
What is new in version 3.2.1:
Version 3.2.1: Updated OpenSSL to version 1.0.1L. Fixed TLS mode for Outgoing Mail Route and Static Routes not loading correctly from file. Removed AHBL RBL as this service is no longer available and would otherwise cause a false positive SPAM RBL-FAIL result.
What is new in version 3.1.5:
Version 3.1.5 adds a new freeware mode that runs after the initial 30 day trial period ends and also removes the expiry period on all newly purchased Ability Mail Server 3 licenses.
What is new in version 3.1.4:
Version 3.1.4 removes the use of SSL 2 and 3 to address PoodleBleed vulnerabilities. Updated OpenSSL to version 1.0.1j.