The free Mozilla Firefox add-on removes all annoying online ads from your browser. Adblock Plus for Firefox blocks all intrusive advertisements everywhere on the web and makes your browsing experience extensively more enjoyable! Adblock Plus supports free content by allowing non-intrusive ads by default (if you think this is a bad idea, you can turn it off). Adblock Plus blocks all types of annoying ads including: Youtube video ads; Facebook and Twitter ads; Pop-ups and banners; Sneaky ads that aren't labeled as "ads"; Ads that disrupt content.
The most beloved adblocker also offers optional protection against malware and tracking while letting you disable social media buttons that can track you if even if you never click "like." Adblock Plus for Mozilla Firefox is currently equipped with over 40 potential filter lists. Adblock Plus is proud to have started the Acceptable Ads initiative in order to provide a compromise to websites with non-intrusive ads (configurable).
What is new in this release:
- Closed a pop-up blocking loophole misused by some websites.
- Fixed tooltip display for very long filters.
What is new in version 2.7.1:
- Fully compatible with the upcoming multi-process mode in Firefox, no longer relying on backwards compatibility hacks in Firefox.
- Improved performance: patterns.ini was being saved way more often than necessary.
- $ping filter option is back and will especially apply to requests sent via navigator.sendBeacon().
- Requests produced by and will be assigned type image.
- Requests produced by the Fetch API will be assigned type xmlhttprequest.
- genericblock and generichide types will no longer show up in the filter assistant.
- Fixed: Previously disabled and removed filter is still disabled when added back.
What is new in version 2.6.3:
- This release introduces a new notification that shows up the first time users visit a website which show obtrusive anti-adblock messages asking them whether to block those or not. Apart from this addition it also includes the following changes:
- Fixed: Pipe character in filters interpreted wrong under some circumstances
- Fixed: Share window on first-run page doesn't appear
Firefox 9.0, SeaMonkey 2.6, and Thunderbird 9.0