AKVIS OilPaint is photo to painting software that creates oil paintings from photographs. The characteristic feature of the program is a unique algorithm of the artistic application of brush strokes that authentically reproduces the technique of the real brush. Creating a painting in oil colors is long and complicated process. Usually it may take months. With this cutting-edge software you can become a painter and turn your photos into paintings in just a few minutes. The program offers a number of ready to use Presets that let you familiarize yourself with the features of the software. The Batch Processing support lets you automatically convert a series of images with the same settings. Adjusting the density, texture, and thickness of the brush strokes, you can not only enhance the volume and get impressive effects, but also find your own painting style.
What is new in this release:
- Real Brush Effect: the new version generates authentic brush strokes. The textured and realistic strokes created by the program are now even more close to the real brush than ever. The hand-drawn effect has been strengthened that enables to produce a spectacular oil painting surface.
- Wide Brush Strokes: the program now finds uniform areas and lets a user process them with wider brush strokes, which is helpful for obtaining more realistic results on backgrounds and when creating close-up portraits.
- New Presets: the new version includes an updated list of the ready to use presets created with the improved algorithm. Now the program comes with 47 presets.
- Watermark: new features of the Text tab allow users add watermarks to paintings which can be used to protect their works, as well as to promote brands and products.
- Improved Print Options: it's now possible to print high resolution images on multiple pages to get professional-quality posters.
- Also in the new version: fixed minor bugs, fixed some compatibility problems, added the possibility to search for fonts by typing in the list in the Text tab, support for more RAW files, and other changes.
What is new in version 3.0:
- New effect parameter - Extra Strokes. It helps to refine the picture making it more accurate and smooth (high values), or on the contrary, to keep rough wide brush strokes (low values).
- New Flat Brush option for the Oil Brush for changing the shape of the edges of the brush strokes.
- Brand new 3D Brush that lets you bring volume and relief to your painting. This state-of-the-art tool draws prominent strokes without changing colors.
Note that the post-processing tools are only available under the Deluxe/Business licenses, on the After tab. Use them at the final step to improve the oil effect and add a handmade touch to your painting.
- Also, in the standalone version, the list of supported RAW files has been extended with new cameras.
- Some minor bugs have been fixed.