t Camp enables you to install Windows on your Intel-based Mac computer, using a
Microsoft Windows install disc that you provide. Windows is installed on its own
partition. After installation, you can use either Windows or Mac OS X on your Mac
- The download file is a .zip file. Double click it to uncompress it.
- Double-click the Boot Camp disk image.
- Copy the entire contents of the .zip file to the root level of a USB flash drive or hard drive that is formatted with the FAT file system For detailed information about this update, please visit: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5628
- When running Windows, locate the Boot Camp folder on the USB media you created in Step 3 and double click to open it.
- Double click on setup to start installing the Boot Camp Support Software.
- When prompted to allow changes, click on Yes and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Installation can take a few minutes. Don't interrupt the installation process. When installation is complete, click Finish in the dialog that appears.
- A system restart dialog box appears. Click Yes to complete the installation.
64-bit Windows 7, 64-bit Windows 8, or 64-bit Windows 8.1