AutoHotkey is an open-source utility and can automate almost anything by sending keystrokes and mouse clicks. You can write macros by hand or use the macro recorder. You can also create hotkeys for keyboard, mouse, joystick, and handheld remote controls. Virtually any key, button, or combination can become a hotkey. Similarly, you can define abbreviations that expand as you type them. For example, typing btw can automatically produce by the way. Finally, you can create custom data entry forms, user interfaces, and menu bars. Other features include remap keys, change soundcard settings (like volume or mute), use a joystick or keyboard as a mouse; make any window transparent, always-on-top, or alter its shape; manipulate the clipboard, customize the tray menu's icon and menu items, run existing AutoIt v2 scripts, and convert any script into an EXE file that can be run on any PC.
What is new in this release:
- Added Menu Insert sub-command.
- Added MenuGetHandle().
- Added MenuGetName().
- Added menu item options: Radio, Right, Break and BarBreak.
- Improved the Menu command to allow identifying items by position:
- Added LoadPicture().
- Added hicon/hbitmap: syntax for passing handles to commands which normally load an image from file.
- Added built-in variables: A_CoordModeToolTip/Pixel/Mouse/Caret/Menu, A_DefaultGui, A_DefaultListView, A_DefaultTreeView, A_KeyDelayPlay, A_KeyDuration/Play, A_MouseDelayPlay, A_SendLevel, A_SendMode and A_StoreCapslockMode.
IxHotkey option to set the hotkey variant's input level to x.
- Improved Picture control to support BackgroundTrans with icons.
- Improved Picture control to reduce flicker when loading large images.
- Small optimizations to the menu code and built-in var lookups.
- Fixed conversion of menu items to/from separators.
- Fixed A_ThisMenuItemPos to support duplicate item names.
- Fixed sub-menus sometimes not being recreated after a menu is deleted.
- Fixed AutoHotkeyXXX.exe to launch AutoHotkey.chm, not AutoHotkeyXXX.chm.
What is new in version 1.1.12:
Version 1.1.12 can set object properties using variadic syntax.