The most dangerous page on the web may be the one you are about to click on. AVG LinkScanner provides an advanced layer of security against fast-moving, invisible web threats, and hacked web sites. It verifies the safety of web pages you visit, and of links returned from web searches (Google, Yahoo! and MSN), so you know how safe/unsafe a page is at the time you attempt to click on it. It works alongside most current consumer AV and security suite products, delivering an additional layer of security they do not provide. Highlights: Real-time scanning of links you click on, so you can be sure you are protected from the latest hacked or exploited websites. Emphasis on analysis of each web page you visit instead of the web site. Automatic upgrades whenever the threat intelligence network finds a new threat. AVG LinkScanner is available as a free download for single computer, home non-commercial use.
What is new in this release:
Fixed issue with reported crash of Identity protection component.
Minor text arrangements in UI dialogs.
What is new in version 2015.0.5961:
- Firewall supports Windows 10, and all upgrades from previous Windows versions to Windows 10.
- Minor text arrangements in UI dialogs.
- Fixed issue with Online Shield scanning blocking access certificate for www.unipass.co.uk.
- Fixed issue with Firewall blocking internet access when Banco do Brasil software (WinDivert) is installed.
What is new in version 2015.0.5863:
- Fixed issue with Online Shield / LinkScanner blocking print jobs on Ricoh printers.
What is new in version 2015.0.5736:
- Fixed possible problem with corrupted uploads.
- Fixed compatibility issue with third party TDI drivers.
- Updated file fiter now detects also MS Office 2010 files with four-letter extensions.
What is new in version 2015.0.5557:
Version 2015.0.5557 is a maintenance release.