BackupLoupe helps you analyze the time and space used by Apple's Time Machine facility and gives you greater control over the backup process. The history feature shows how many versions of an item are available and when they were saved, as well as allowing quick navigation between versions. You can quickly identify the items which take up the most space and use drag'n'drop to restore items to any location. Backed up items can be revealed in the Finder. File types are instantly identified. Files can be previewed and opened. Items can be excluded from future backups without opening Time Machine's preferences.
What is new in this release:
- Rare crash when opening the preferences panel (Thanks, C.R.!)
What is new in version 2.9.2:
- Fixed warnings in log file about NSRequiredContext having an invalid value
- Description: Count file size of hardlinked files only once per directory.
What is new in version 2.9.1:
- Added support for 3rd party diff tools: Araxis Merge, Kaleidoscope and p4merge (Thanks, Scott!)
- random crash on OSX 10.11 El Capitan
- fixed auto-update on El Capitan
What is new in version 2.8.3:
- Progress indicator would not be displayed on OSX El Capitan (Thanks, Luc!)
- Preferences panel would sometimes not display its contents on OSX 10.6
- Accessibility: Tabbed panes in preferences window were not selectable in VoiceOver mode (Thanks, Jonathan!)
What is new in version 2.7.1:
Fixed crash when running on Macs using CPUs not supporting SSE 4.1.
What is new in version 2.6.1:
- Properly remove stray temporary files (Thanks Andrew!)
- Random crash when restoring files w/ root privileges
What is new in version 2.6:
- Added command "File>Reveal original in Finder"
- Added command "File>Reveal original in Path Finder" (requires Path Finder)
- Added command "File>Compare with original" (requires FileMerge.app, part of Xcode)
- Added preferences option to highlight items with deleted original (files which exist in the backup but not on "the computer" anymore)
- The preferences value for tracking deleted items would sometimes not be communicated to the scanner/monitor process. This bug was introduced in v2.5.5. User who want to track deleted items should re-index the snapshots indexed with version 2.5.5. (Thanks Cu?neyt!)
- Changed some error messages to debug messages (Thanks Julia!)
- Improved help file
- Removed preferences for non-standard backup locations