Blender is the open-source software for 3D modeling, animation, rendering, post-production, interactive creation and playback. It is available for all major operating systems under the GNU General Public License. Its animations systems support a variety of techniques and tasks, allowing the creation of complex animations.
What is new in this release:
- Spherical Stereo images rendering support for VR
- Grease Pencil is now a full 2D drawing & animation tool!
- Viewport Rendering improvements
- New Freehand curves drawing over surfaces!
- Bendy Bones, powerful new options for B-Bones
- Alembic support: import/export basic operators
- Cloth Physics: new Dynamic Base Mesh and Simulation Speed option
- New Add-ons, individual preferences, Python APIs changes, and a lot of new & updated add-ons!
- Many more features, improvements and the usual huge bug-fixes list
What is new in version 2.75a:
- Game Engine would crash for Objects using velocity clamping.
- Browsing render passes in Blender crashed.
What is new in version 2.74:
- Cycles got several precision, noise, speed, memory improvements, new Pointiness attribute.
- Viewport has new cool compositing features, outliner now manages orphan datablocks better.
- Modeling now allows custom normals, and transferring data layers between meshes.
- Massive improvements to hair dynamics and editing tools: a big step forward with more to come.
- A new tool "Cavity Mask" was added to sculpting/painting, along with other improvements.
- Great memory consumption optimization in Freestyle NPR stroke rendering.
- Grease pencil and Game engine improvements.