Continuing on where other apps and services have left off, BookMacster merges and manages bookmarks in Safari, Firefox, Chrome, Camino, iCab, Opera and OmniWeb, and on the web with Delicious, Pinboard, and Google Bookmarks. When used with a file-syncing service in the cloud such as Dropbox or Jungle Disk, BookMacster takes cross-browser bookmark syncing on the road to any Mac. BookMacster keeps bookmarks alphabetized (sorted), verified, and checked for duplicates. BookMacster supports tags, comments, and shortcuts. BookMacster users can add bookmarks directly from within browsers, and access all bookmarks while in any app from the menu bar.
To get beta update, Click in the menu BookMacster -> Preferences -> Updates and check boxes to indicate if you want only Beta versions or Alpha too.
What is new in this release:
It has some additional fixes for users who were getting errors when syncing to Safari in the older macOS 10.12
What is new in version 2.4.9:
Version 2.2.8 is a fix for users of macOS 10.10. If, like most people, you are on the latest macOS 10.11, you should skip this update.
What is new in version 2.2.5:
Compatible with Firefox 47+, due to changes in our application and a new version 329 of our Sheep Systems Sync Extension for Firefox, which users will be prompted to install upon first launching this version.
What is new in version 2.1.2:
- Operation of the File > Export to only... > Choose File (Advanced) > New file feature has been restored.
- The Sparkle Check for Update framework has been updated to the lastest version, 1.13.0. This is not expected to cause any change in behavior.
What is new in version 2.0.6:
- Fixed a bug, apparent when running in OS X 10.11 El Capitan which caused, after sending the app into Background, the Lineage and Tags fields in the Inspector to become disconnected from the selected bookmark(s) and indicate the wrong data, usually empty or the No Selection placeholder.
- Fixed a bug, apparently in OS X 10.11 El Capitan, which could, after a certain sequence of clicks with the app running in Background mode, cause the on/off status of the Inspector ("i") button in the document toolbar to go out of sync with whether or not the Inspector window was showing, and sometimes the Inspector to not respond to hitting its red "close" button.
- Now supports drag and drop of .webloc files produced by El Capitan's 'Safari 9, while maintaining support for Safari 5-8. (Safari 9 apparently writes .webloc file data in plist format instead of XML.)
- No longer momentarily activates Finder sometimes when switching from Background mode, or in rare cases when launching the app in OS X 10.11 El Capitan.
- Finished replacing the user experience of installing our Chrome and Firefox extensions, which worked in version 2.0.3 for existing users, but did not prompt new users to install the extensions, as is required for syncing to work.
What is new in version 1.22.41:
- Fixed a bug introduced in version 1.22.36 which caused bookmarks in the Bookmarks Menu to not be exported to Safari, if the user's Safari bookmarks had been created by a newer version of Safari which did not have a Bookmarks Menu.
What is new in version 1.22.35:
- Fixed bugs affecting large exports to Firefox while Firefox while Firefox was running, which could result in extraneous errors and, in one case, a crash.
- Fixed a bug, recently introduced with version 323 of our Firefox extension, which causes import/exports while Firefox is running to fail in Firefox profiles which the user has renamed since the profile was originally created. (The fix, is in the main application; this version does not update our Firefox extension.)
- Google accounts from the OS X keychain are no longer listed in the New Document wizard, the File > Import/Export to only submenus, or the popups in the Settings > Clients tab. (Google made the keychain items useless a couple years ago, so that we now identify Google accounts by user-supplied nickname anyhow, and removingt these fixes the issue of users with too many Google accounts overflowing the screen during the New Document wizard.)
- Fixed a bug which could cause a crash after adding a new Client and exporting for the first time.
What is new in version 1.22.31:
Version 1.22.31 contains a new version 322 of our Firefox extension, which fixes sporadic crashing of Firefox.
What is new in version 1.22.27:
Fixed bugs in the Content View, when redisplaying in Outline Mode, which caused expanded folders to sometimes collapse without reason, or to not open as required to re-expose items which had been previously selected in Table Mode.
Fixed bugs which caused the Tags field in the Detail View, the Tags shown in the Content Outline, and the Tags field in the Inspector to not always show the new value immediately when tags were changed.
What is new in version 1.22.25:
- When an import from or export to Safari is being delayed to wait for updates by iCloud, the explanation shown in the status bar now gives a more reliable indication of when the process is almost done.
- Fixed memory leak in Content View.
- The advice which appears when exporting a large number of changes to Firefox while Firefox is running no longer incorrectly states that the operation must be cancelled and restarted in order to make it run faster.
- Fixed a bug which could cause items in the Content View of a newly-created document to not display properly after viewing the tab Settings > Clients in BookMacster, or Preferences > Syncing in Synkmark.
- Fixed a bug which caused the rather hidden Skip Separators (when exporting) setting to be set to ON instead of OFF when creating a new Firefox client in the tab Settings > Clients in BookMacster, or adding Firefox as a synced browser in Preferences > Syncing in Synkmark.
- When dragging, copying or pasting bookmark names and URLs to other applications, duplicates no longer appear, even if bookmarks and their parent folders are selected.
BookMacster gives users three-day trials. BookMacster is fully functioning during these trial periods.