Bopup Communication Server is an instant messaging server for private IM, internal chat and secure collaboration over corporate and business networks. It provides Active Directory support and integration, message and file archiving, offline messaging and document distribution with a strong encryption of transmitted data. The server offers various authentication modes to accept user connections, manages user groups from a single place, supports and handles easy and very effective distribution of documents and important events from the IM server to employees and users.
Since the communication server is designed for business and enterprise-level environments it is intended to install and organize a private and internal chat system and real-time communication platform for companies with no outside access too. Bopup Communication Server is easy and fast to set up which takes about few minutes to get completed. It comes with embedded SQL server to host it's database or can be installed using an existing MS SQL Server software.
The communication server includes a built-in functionality to upgrade IM client software with uploading new versions of the messengers on the server. End-user messaging applications can be also distributed and deployed with pre-installed settings and options that reduces an overall time of software setup. And the IM client branding feature lets upload company's image, logotype on the communication server and show it in the messengers interface. It is highly important for companies and organizations that want to get their messaging software in an unique corporate style. The server also supports custom instant messengers and applications that are built using IM Client SDK (Software Development Kit) which provides components, libraries and programmer documentation.
What is new in this release:
- Fixed error on deleting user accounts from the console.
What is new in version 4.5.3:
- Added support for IM clients for Mac OS and iOS platforms (currently in development stage).
What is new in version 4.5.2:
What is new in version 4.5.1:
- Presence Status view in Management Console displays appropriate icons when users are in Away mode.
- Fixed error with empty OU list in Create New Organizational Unit Wizard if a parent unit is changed on a first dialog.
What is new in version 4.4.3:
Version 4.4.3: the server fixed sending News messages when One time delivery mode is used and included new version of the Setup.ini Configuration Tool that fixes issue with disabling uninstall of IM clients through hidden settings. The messengers added new option that allow to mark all received messages as read.
What is new in version 4.4.2:
Fixed sending messages using command line utility (bcscmd.exe module) on Windows XP and 2003 systems.
What is new in version 4.3.9:
- Added a missed check when a message or file transfer is being delivered to a user from a hidden (blocked) Organizational Unit (OU).
- Other small fixes and improvements.
What is new in version 4.3.8:
- Added support to exchange files/directories from applications built using IM Client SDK.
- Fixed issues with the message history when recent file transfers might be shown on the bottom of the list.
- Small fixes and improvements.