Everyone comes across information that they want to refer to later. Maybe gifts you've received or sent, product serial numbers, recipes, directions to someone's house, a photo of your pet, or anything else. Caboodle is a tool to help store and organize such varied bits of information. You can arrange the items in an outline-like hierarchy, and include both structured fields and free-form text and pictures in each entry, along with web links, lists, tables, PDFs, and any other kind of file as attachments.
When you create a new entry within an existing one, the custom fields are inherited, allowing quickly creating content in an organized fashion. But you can also add or remove custom fields independently for each entry. Entries can be encrypted to hide your most sensitive information. They can also be searched, and the Services menu is supported to quickly add or output an entry. Caboodle also supports import and export in several formats.
What is new in this release:
- The standard edition of the app is now signed with a Developer ID to support Gatekeeper on Mountain Lion. (Standard edition only)
- Rebuilt for Mountain Lion using Xcode 4.
- Many changes to improve Mountain Lion compatibility.
- The license button in the Caboodle window now shows the Licenses window instead of going to the Dejal Store web page. (Standard edition only)
- Added a license button to the Preferences window, when unlicensed, to make it easier to buy the app. (Standard edition only)
- Fixed a bunch of memory leaks.
- Caboodle now requires an Intel Mac and a minimum of OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard).