Character Mine is a self-test, flash-card type Chinese character learning program with cross-referencing at a glance, so you can easily see where each new item fits into your growing knowledge matrix. It lets you add items to your test list giving the English and then either one or both of the pinyin or Chinese characters. This makes it an excellent quick-start program for the beginner who is not studying characters yet. The program also contains a built-in 100,000 + item fully up-to-date dictionary, provided by the on going collaborative dictionary project CC-CEDICT. It includes full support for traditional and simplified characters.
What is new in this release:
Version 22.214.171.124 includes the ability to associate audio files with vocabulary items.
What is new in version 126.96.36.199:
Did you ever have to limit your reading of Chinese because you were getting overwhelmed with new vocabulary? Version 188.8.131.52 keeps track of the number of times you search the dictionary for an item even if you don't add it to your test list. This way you can identify the high frequency vocabulary that is really worth memorizing.
What is new in version 184.108.40.206:
- Program optimized for using a network or Dropbox type folder to share data between machines.
- More sort options for search results.
- Dictionary updated.
- Zoom function to enlarge characters.
- Toned down the flashing lights.
- Revision 220.127.116.11-4:
- Fixed bug with number of retest items to review not auto-incrementing correctly.
- Fixed bug with edit item window sometimes opening without showing the correct test status.
- Fixed bug with program prompting to load data unnecessarily.
- Fixed bug with item status colors not updating automatically in search window.
.NET Framework 4.0