Chocolat is a new text editor for Mac OS X, that combines native Cocoa with powerful text editing tools.
What is new in this release:
- Feature: JS completion now supports JSX and more ES6.
- Feature: If you click "Multicursor press cmd-shift-esc to cancel" in the status bar, it shows a list of keyboard shortcuts available in multicursor mode.
What is new in version 3.3.1:
- Bug: Paste indentation still was not perfect. Improved it further.
- Bug: JSX tag start regex was too agressive.
What is new in version 3.2.1:
- Feature: Support for ES6 code completion and symbol list
- Feature: Updated Rust and Swift bundles
- Note: Updated some of the default templates. e.g. HTML template now has meta viewport
- Note: Recompiled tm2truffle with ARC
- Bug: 3.2.1 ninja update. Fixed a poor interaction between key bindings and the File->Close Window menu item, whereby it would lose its key binding and have to be set manually.
What is new in version 3.1.7:
- Bug: Oops, remove a few nonsense CSS properties that got worked their way into the css completions yesterday.
- Bug: Show code completion even if the full property name has been typed out
- Note: Yesterday's update in case you missed it:
- Feature: Actions now default to Python 3 if installed. Use virtualenvs to specify otherwise
- Feature: Text -> Insert -> Counter (cmd-alt-3). Inserts 1, 2, 3, ... in multicursor mode.
- Note: Added HTML main element to code completion.
- Note: Added new CSS properties and bleeding edge vendor prefixes
- Note: More memory usage improvements in syntax highlighting.
What is new in version 3.1.4:
Bug: Couple of minor bug fixes.
What is new in version 3.1.3:
- Bug: Fix wrap guideline being drawn over
- Bug: Fix color picker flashing in Themes preferences
- Bug: Fix theme not being selected in source list when Themes first opened
- Bug: Possibly fix big numbers in the gutter when combining retina and external non-retina displays (we'll see)
- Note: Version 3.x adds Yosemite support and costs $15 (if you already bought it then please ignore this message). There is no charge to use 3.x on Mavericks.
What is new in version 3.1.2:
- Bug: Fixes all of the remaining line number glitches (I hope!)
- Bug: Fixes themes source list glitching out
What is new in version 3.0.2:
- Feature: Double tap docs - hover over a function/class name and double tap the command key quickly. A popover will appear with relevant online documentation. Somewhat experimental. Powered by devdocs.io
- Feature: New, abstract, flatter, Yosemite-style icon. I am prepared for the hate, give me all you got.
- Bug: Fixed the status bar not updating when the theme changes.
- Note: Shaved some latency off opening a file by removing excess redrawing.
What is new in version 3.0.1:
- Bug: Fixed PHP code completion.
- Crash: Fixed a crash with the split switcher.
- Feature: More flatness in the UI.
- Bug: Jump to definition works first time.
- Bug: Code completion doesn't "flash" quite so much now.
- Note: Switched to the 10.9 SDK. This may cause some problems but it's a necessary evil.
What is new in version 3.0:
- Note: This update costs $15 for Yosemite users, but is free for Mavericks users.
- Note: Yosemite support.
- Note: Now uses ARC instead of GC.
- Feature: Mixins are now process-separated.
- Feature: Git gutter. Shows the changes you make, relative to the last Git commit.
- Feature: CSS live preview. Web preview updates CSS as-you-type, even if it's in a separate file. There's no need to save to see changes.
- Feature: Corrected wrap guideline. Works better than the old one (which isn't saying much).
- Feature: Padding at the bottom of the editor.
- Note: Padding and wrap guidelines are configurable through View menu/Margin Preferences.
- Feature: Multicursor mode works with text actions such as uppercase, reverse, indent, etc.
- Bug: Turned off code completion when in multicursor mode.
- Feature: cmd-alt-dot is back after an extended absence (it had to be reimplemented).
- Bug: esc-completion matches case properly.
- Feature: Added Git Tower to the context menu.
- Feature: Errors and Warnings window - see a list of all errors and warnings in your document.
- Feature: Double click on an error to Google it.
- Feature: Rust and Swift syntax highlighting. Live error checking for Rust.
- Note: Changed system requirements, now requires 10.9+