ChronoAgent is a silent background utility that allows a Mac to accept secure connections from ChronoSync< InterConneX for file transfers, folder synchronization, or backups. You can access a ChronoAgent-enabled Mac over your local network or even across the country via the Internet. Connections are fast, secure, and optionally encrypted so you can get the most out of ChronoSync and InterConneX. With ChronoSync, you can use your ChronoAgent-enabled Mac for Remote Backups and Folder Synchronization. With InterConneX, you can browse folders on your ChronoAgent-enabled Mac, display files from the remote Mac, and even pull files to your iDevice, if needed.
What is new in this release:
- Fixed a bug where the agent would stop responding.
- Fixed a problem where agent Macs running OS 10.7 and newer might have problems being awakened to sync or staying awake to complete the sync.
- Improved temporary, hidden filename creation logic to work-around certain file system incompatibilities.
- Added better handling of file system nuances during the process of moving files to a synchronizer documents' archive.
What is new in version 1.5.3:
- Now provides a more complete list of active interfaces in the Status Panel.
- Provides better feedback to a client (i.e. ChronoSync) when copying package files.
- Improved wake and agent restart Bonjour service broadcast reliability, especially under Yosemite.
- Relaxed all internal constraints regarding the maximum length of file paths.
- Fixed a bug that would perform a full copy rather than a merge for files in a package that were HFS-compressed.
- Fixed a bug that could cause post-sync volume ejection to fail if the Synchronizer Document performing the task is open.
What is new in version 1.5.2:
- Implemented support for package merging.
- Optimized retrieving and setting of File Info data.
- Fixed a problem that could prevent logging into the agent after Mac startup.
What is new in version 1.5.1:
Version 1.5.1 is a minor maintenance release that focuses mainly on improving the support for SmartScan.
What is new in version 1.5:
- ChronoAgent is now 64-bit, Intel-only, and requires OS X 10.8 or later.
- You can have ChronoAgent automatically configure the port-mapping functionality of your router. This is useful for making ChronoAgent available over the Internet by opening a port in the router's firewall and forwarding all traffic on that port to the ChronoAgent.
- Contains a built-in Dynamic DNS client that can connect to several of the more-popular services.
- Limit ChronoAgent's ability to access files by specifying which volumes it is allowed to access.
- Virtually all icons and supplemental artwork in the program have been optimized for high resolution (Retina) displays.
- You can optionally post to the local Notification Center. Keep track of any connection errors that may occur with ChronoAgent.
- Performance-boosting enhancements.
- Various Bug Fixes.
What is new in version 1.4.7:
- Better performance and error handling.
- Minor UI tweaks especially when running on Yosemite.
- Update checks are performed on a secure connection.
- Various bug fixes.
Fully-functional, time-expiring trial license keys.