ChronoSync is the professional choice for periodic backups, bootable drive clones and folder synchronizations. Target any device or folder visible in Finder such as a Volume, Thumb Drive, NAS, Disk Image, Server or another Mac. ChronoSync replaces your backup utility, drive clone utility, and folder sync utility with a single, powerful application.
What is new in this release:
- Significantly improved performance when syncing with Google Cloud Connections. Depending upon sync contents, up to a 20% improvement can be realized.
- Significantly Improved performance when syncing with Amazon S3 Cloud Connections. Depending upon sync contents, up to a 20% improvement can be realized.
- Improved tracking of DMG volume location to better handle mounting and unmounting DMGs as well as the volumes they reside on.
- Tweaked bandwidth limit calculations to more accurately match desired limits set in Connection Profiles.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash anytime after opening a Container Document even if the Container has since long been closed.
- Fixed a bug whereby if a DMG on a file server were un-mounted by ChronoSync, the file server would not be un-mountable.
- Fixed a bug whereby if targeting a DMG on a file server using "Mounted Volumes (Admin Access)", the server containing the DMG would not get automatically mounted.
- Fixed a problem in Admin Access that could result in a crash under ideal timing circumstances.
- Fixed a bug whereby the readiness manager would erroneously state "You cannot perform a bootable backup with the current boot volume as your destination." when switching between Bootable and Bootable Mirror operations with the same direction.
- Fixed a bug in the Log Window whereby if you opened a log for a synchronizer document, then closed it while the sync was running (and generating log entries), then re-opened the Log Window, it would not 'snap' to the bottom of the log window.
- Fixed a minor problem with Drag & Drop to the Scheduled Documents Manager Window.
- Fixed a minor problem in the Registration Window and license key validation.
- Fixed a problem whereby customers were being prompted for a Keychain Password.
- Fixed a problem in Amazon S3 Cloud Connections whereby it was not properly setting the maximum number of concurrent operations.
- Updated Online Help so terminology is more consistent with terms used in the App.
What is new in version 4.7b:
- The synchronizer and container document Rename, Delete, and Duplicate now produce more meaningful error messages if those operations fail.
- Fixed a bug whereby the "Duplicate" function was not properly duplicating container documents. Several items of metadata were not properly preserved.
- Fixed a bug whereby the Document Organizer could fail to display on launch under certain scenarios.
- Fixed a bug that would not re-display the Document Organizer if you opened a document that required a password to access and clicked "Cancel" from the prompt.
- Fixed a bug that would not re-display the Document Organizer if you opened a document and received the "Document in Use" error message.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash if a newly created synchronizer or container document were closed before it was fully displayed.
- Implemented a custom configuration option (via plist settings) to return to creating "Untitled" synchronizer documents on application launch & activation.
- Fixed an animation glitch that occurred when switching to bootable, local agent connection in a single step.
- Fixed some bugs that could cause a hang or crash when selecting targets.
- Fixed a cosmetic glitch whereby the deletion and readiness boxes were not animating properly on 10.9+.
- Fixed a cosmetic glitch whereby the background of the detailed readiness message text view was being displayed in a subtle shade of grey.
- Fixed a bug whereby bootable options for remote agents would be disabled if connection to the local agent could not be established for some reason.
- Fixed a bug whereby collapsing a multi-level branch of files in the Analyze or Archive panel could result in the user interface for that document becoming unresponsive.
- Fixed a bug whereby user and group names on a remote agent connection were not being properly displayed in the Analyze panel.
- Fixed a bug whereby the "Last Synchronized" column in the Analyze panel was not updating in real time and could continue to show an erroneous value until a refresh was forced.
- Fixed a bug whereby extended timeout values for local agent connects were not being established on initial connection attempts.
- Implemented more efficient collection of file metadata such as as extended attributes and ACLs.
- Fixed a bug whereby changes to a file's extended attributes were not always correctly detected when the EA sync trigger was enabled.
- The file synchronization engine will now only force copying new files to a temporary file name on file server connections.
- Added better fall-back logic for situations where some file systems produce errors when certain file access permissions are requested.
- Fixed a bug in the "Verify Data" function that was not properly bypassing device caches.
- The file copying logic now iterates file forks more efficiently.
- Added the option to control file copying cache behavior via plist settings.
- Eliminated some inefficiencies in the copy engine that were carry-overs from very early versions of the application.
- Updated the volume blacklist for bootable targets and auto-exclusion.
- Fixed some bugs in the diagnostic auditing mechanism.
- Changed the terminology displayed in the user interface when selecting a custom location for the "Synchronizer Documents" folder.
- Added workaround logic that should prevent various progress sheet windows from failing to show progress on certain systems.
- Added logic to prevent accidental deletion of files when running the installer on 10.6 systems after a very specific (and obscure) sequence of events.
Fully-functional, time-expiring trial license keys.