DeltaWalker is a file and folder comparison application by Deltopia Inc. DeltaWalker lets you compare, edit, and merge files and synchronize folders. DeltaWalker is a compelling choice for software, web, and legal professionals, as well as scientists, engineers and anyone who works with text, documents, and folders that change over time.
What is new in this release:
- Ensures that sync operations like copy and move only work on resources that pass through the active folder comparison filters.
- Fixes intermittent inaccuracy of folder size computation.
- Aligns vertical scrolling to the vertical center when 'Wrap long lines' is on.
- Improves performance when 'Wrap long lines' is off by an order of magnitude.
- Ensures that resource names ending with one or more spaces are properly handled.
- Fixes remaining code-signing issues on Mac OS X.
- Updates the Automator workflow to point to the new dw.jar location.
- Improves HTML report generation handling of error conditions.
- Brings back the 'Check for Updates' menu item.
What is new in version 2.1.2:
- Working directory is now properly recognized.
- Improves Git integration, making use of gitconfig's difftool instead of diff.external.
- "Compare With" action works properly now.
- Fixes a problem where the content type of remote files would occasionally be not recognized.
What is new in version 2.1.1:
- Fixes a problem comparing archive/compressed files.
- Improves text comparison algorithm concurrency.
- HTML Design/Browser rendering now includes external CSS files.
What is new in version 2.1:
- We've revisited everything-every corner, every line, every shade of gray or transparency, every pixel. The result is in your hands, let us know what you think.
- Comparison preferences and actions at a glance. Discreet expandable panels offer direct access to every comparison's key preferences and key applicable actions; in the case of image comparison, an expandable Info panel offers relevant image information.
- Total Preferences overhaul. There's hardly a chance now of modifying a default preference while thinking it's a preference that belongs to the active comparison. Now when the Preferences window is brought up while there's an active comparison, the preference pages of that active comparison are shown alongside all other application-level preferences. A new menu entry Edit > Default Preferences... brings up only the preference pages controlling the preferences that will be used as defaults for new comparisons.
- The entire online documentation, fully revised and updated, is now available exclusively on DeltaWalker's dedicated web site: www.deltawalker.com
- The computationally-heavy birds-eye view logic now executes on background threads, keeping the UI responsive even with the largest file and folder comparisons.
- New preference-controlled sounds/chimes at the end of a folder comparison or important alerts.
- Ability to save snapshots of one or more/all roles/sides of a comparison for later comparison/reference. Snapshots are saved in compact JSON format and are available for programmatic use/consumption.
- Preference-controlled ability to collect and display extended file information such as Date Created, User Owner and Group Owner.
- Ability to filter/show only Newer and Older files.
- Detection and warning when space on the destination drive is insufficient for the sync op to be performed.
- Automatic three-way synchronization related fixes, including related script API and samples. Automatic three-way folder synchronization now performs automatic three-way merge of non-conflicting differences in text files inside the folders being synchronized.
- Improved error reporting for various Sync ops.
- Fixes issues when moving nested folder hierarchies.
- Re-Compare Selected now properly re-compares files by content when this is the selected comparison method.
- Significant performance improvements to automatic three-way merge.
- Automatic three-way merge related fixes, including related script API and samples.
- DeltaWalker v2.1 64-bit is available on all Mac OS X versions 10.7 and newer, while the 32-bit version runs on versions all the way back to 10.5.8.
- New General preference page offering the ability to:
- - Control the language/local used for date formatting.
- - Control the amount of memory available to DeltaWalker.
- - Configure the logger, clear the log files as well as clear all passwords saved as part of remote comparisons.
- New Remote Connections preference page offering control over remote connection preferences. Available both as a part of the Default preferences as well as a part of comparison-specific preferences.
- New event-based state file reading and writing.
- Fixes related to automatic three-way merge and sync in text and folder comparison respectively, including to the script samples illustrating those.
- Fixes to the Compare with DeltaWalker droplet on Mac OS X
What is new in version 2.0:
- Built-in syntax-sensitive script editor.
- Built-in script runner.
- Console for script output.
- Simple, ultra-powerful scripting API.
- Extensive script API documentation, sample scripts showcasing 2 & 3-way text and folder comparison, merge, synchronization, filters, and more.
- Syntax-highlithing for close to 50 of the world's most popluar programming and markup languages.
- Performance and rendering improvements.
- Capable of comparing more than a million items in minutes.
- Symbolic links are now shown using a dedicated icon.
- A dedicated icon for resources with no read-permissions.
- Date/Time filter now capable of working with absolute as well as relative time.
- New filter for .DS_Store files on Mac OS X.
- User-controlled comparison threshold.
- FTPS Implicit mode support and a user-controlled preference to choose between Explicit and Implicit mode.
- FTP(S) Passive and Active mode user-controlled preference.
- User-controlled preference to treat User directory as the root of the folder hierarchy being compared.
- Retina-display support on Mac OS X.
- For the purposes of comparison, resources are now treated as Reference and Modified in 2-way comparison and Reference, First Modified and Second Modified in 3-way comparison.
- All-new artwork.
- Improved integration with popular SCMs (Source Control Systems).
- New and updated help topics.
- New license-key mechanism. DeltaWalker 2.x requires new license keys.
- New Pro edition - all features, one platform.