DesktopLyrics is an application that displays the lyrics of the song currently playing in "iTunes" right on your Mac desktop. DesktopLyrics features numerous options to customize lyrics display to your liking. DesktopLyrics does not only display the lyrics but can also display the information about the current song (e.g. title) in a customizable manner. Additionally, you can opt to display the artwork of the song too. DesktopLyrics allows you to define the font, size, color and shadows for the lyrics and for the song-information separately, so that the lyrics exactly match your taste and desktop picture. Long lyrics that can't be displayed at once are automatically cut into multiple "pages". You can turn the pages with small buttons embedded into the lyrics display, turn them with hot-key combinations or just have them turned automatically. There is an advanced option for defining the time-code of the page turning. DesktopLyrics features options to share the current lyrics with your friends by e-mail or by posting them to FaceBook or Twitter. You can also copy them to the clipboard or printing the lyrics. In addition to the exhaustive settings to customize the lyrics appearance, DesktopLyrics also features a host of options to change its behavior to be as practical as possible. You can display DesktopLyrics in the menubar instead of the Dock, use hot-key combinations to operate it, or change the behavior in case iTunes is paused or the lyrics are empty.
What is new in this release:
- Allow remembering lyrics for tracks where iTunes does not allow this (streamed music)
- Add option to add 'Play Count' and 'Last Played' to the displayed song-info
- Cache lyrics transformation (Python) results for increased performance
- Fix problem where album cover/artwork would be 'behind' the lyrics background
What is new in version 2.6.6:
- Fixed problem with superfluous log messages
- Expanded ReadMe and FAQ
- Detect problematic configuration with DesktopLyrics being in the 'Login Items'
- Provided hidden option to refresh cover for every song and not for every album:
defaults write org.corecode.DesktopLyrics HiddenOptionAlwaysUpdateCover -bool true
What is new in version 2.6.5:
- Added support for 'Dark Mode' in Mac OS X 10.10 "Yosemite"
- Improved performance and memory usage
- Added possibility to close the "set lyrics" window
- Fixed rare problem where DesktopLyrics could freeze and eat up much memory
- Fixed problem where cover would not appear in presentation mode
- Added more text transformation options when setting new lyrics
- Provided hidden option to start DesktopLyrics in 'hidden' mode
displays only the first 400 characters of the lyrics