Direct Mail is the best mailing list management and mail delivery software for Mac OS X. Its user-friendly interface and powerful mail delivery engine let you stay in touch with your contacts quickly and easily - without worrying about the details of mail server configurations.
What is new in this release:
Messages and autoresponders can now be organized into folders.
Address groups in Direct Mail can now sync directly with Apple Contacts.
Autoresponders can now be easily triggered in a sequence. This makes setting up advanced automations (like a weekly training course by email) a breeze!
Autoresponder can now be manually triggered from inside Direct Mail.
The design test window now shows more useful information about which email clients are popular with your subscribers (see Arrange By > Popularity in the toolbar).
Modernized user interface for the spam test, design test, and autoresponder windows.
Dragging and dropping email addresses from Apple Mail now imports names as well as email address.
Mail-merge tags can now be used safely inside of URLs by prepending the tag with "uri:". For example,
[uri:first name]will insert the first name field properly formatted for use in a URL.
Custom columns that include numerical data are now sorted naturally (instead of strictly lexicographically).
Improved support for contextual menus across the entire application.
Improved compatibility with templates imported from Mail Designer.
The Scan Incoming Mail feature now exposes the ability to re-scan a mailbox from the beginning.
Unlimited Plan usage can now be checked right from the Send window.
Design tests now complete in a shorter amount of time.
Date-based autoresponders no longer require the trigger date to be set well in advance of the sending time.
Several additional bug fixes and improvements
What is new in version 4.2.5:
- The campaign report map now uses Apple Maps instead of Google Maps. You’ll find that the map loads faster, looks better, and feels more natural on your Mac. The clustering algorithm has been improved to make it easier to see where a majority of your subscribers are located.
- Dragging and dropping images from your web browser right into Direct Mail now works seamlessly. No need to download the images first before adding them to your message.
- Important bugs related to cloud syncing and autoresponders have been fixed
- Integration with Mail Designer has been improved (no more “blank” thumbnails)
What is new in version 4.2.4:
We have optimized the way that campaign reports are updated and accessed. The end result is that you'll find your campaign reports load much faster (and don't require as much CPU). If you're on a laptop, this means better battery life.
Some of the performance improvements mentioned above were enabled by changes in Apple's new operating system, OS X 10.11. Unfortunately, some new bugs were "enabled", as well. This update to Direct Mail fixes those bugs, including issues that could cause Direct Mail to crash when using the Preview window or clicking Send.
What is new in version 4.2:
- Added support for importing from Google Sheets
- New autoresponder trigger: adding a new address via the API
- Faster cloud syncing
- Reduced memory usage
- Improved bounce notification detection
- Subscribe form logo size can now be adjusted
- Added "Number of Email Opens" and "Number of Email Clicks" columns to the Addresses tab, Smart Groups, and Find Addresses Matching Rules
- Added ability to drag and drop events from Calendar to the attachments window
- Other bug fixes and improvements