Free DivX Software for Windows and Mac comes with everything you need to play, create and stream the most popular digital video formats, including DivX, AVI, Xvid, MKV, MOV, MP4, HEVC up to 4K and more. Play or stream video to any of the over 1 billion DivX Certified® devices on the market today, from TVs to tablets and everything in between. New in this version: support for DTS-HD audio support for DivX Player.
Use DivX Converter to create DivX, AVI, MKV, MP4 and HEVC videos; backup DVDs and Blu-rays with Video Pack; DivX Player to watch high-quality video on your desktop; DivX Web Player to stream and watch up to 4K video with surround sound directly in your favorite web browsers with Blu-ray like features (subtitles, multiple audio tracks, smooth FF/RW and chapter points); and stream your video collection to nearby DLNA-compatible devices or Chromecast.
What is new in this release:
DivX Pro is back! Advanced features for video editing, cropping, custom logo watermarks, saving snapshots, HEVC 10 bit playback and more.
- DivX Accelerated HEVC hardware decoding using Intel Quick Sync Video (IQSV)
- Playback with Media Foundation Transform (MFT) for AVC and MPEG4 in DivX Player
- DTS-HD Plug-in for audio encoding on Mac
- Drag-drop shared folders to DivX Media Server
- DivX To Go's transcoding feature is disabled to make file transfer to CD/DVD and USB faster
- Player's 'VOD' menu is moved to 'Tools' sub-menu
- Converter added preview window with frame counter and duration marker
- Play button added to Converter for input videos
What is new in version 10.3:
New in DivX 10.3: Do More with Video and Soundtracks
Your high-quality DivX videos deserve the best! No more silent audio in your videos due to missing codecs: the latest version of DivX Software adds support for high-quality Dolby Audio playback in your favorite DivX videos. New VC-1 support as part of Video Pack for DivX Converter and a beta of Chromecast for DivX Player allows you to do even more with your high-quality DivX videos.
Chromecast-DivX Media Server is Google Cast ready, allowing you to stream local videos from your computer to Chromecast devices. Open DivX Player and select "Cast To" to start streaming.
Dolby Audio Edition-A new version of DivX Player and DivX Web Player for Windows and Mac that adds support for theater-quality Dolby0 audio, the popular surround sound format used by DVDs, Blu-rays and many other digital video formats for audio tracks.
Video Pack-MPEG-2 Plug-in gets an update to include VC-1 and together they are now Video Pack for DivX Converter on Windows and Mac. Video Pack lets you convert MPEG-2 and VC-1 videos to backup DVDs and Blu-rays to high-quality DivX, MKV and HEVC video.
What is new in version 10.2.6:
- Improved HEVC and AVC decoders-HEVC and AVC video playback in DivX Player and DivX Web Player just keeps getting better. In the latest version, we've added support for Chroma offset to our HEVC decoder. We also updated the AVC decoder, delivering more stability and several new features for your AVC/H.264-encoded videos.
- Removed DivX Codec Pack-Yep, you heard it here first. The DivX Codec Pack is no longer included in the DivX 10 bundle. Our codecs are still a very important part of DivX Player, Web Player and Converter, and this simple change means a smaller and faster install along with a more consistent experience across our products. Read more about this on our Blog.
- Experimental Live Streaming-DivX Web Player has been updated to include experimental DivX Live streaming for HEVC video. The Tokyo Spring Festival was the world debut of the DivX Live streaming functionality in DivX Web Player. Learn more about DivX Live technology.
- New DivX HEVC Ultra HD (4K) profile
- Updated DivX HEVC encoder and decoder optimized for speed and quality
- Added AviSynth support in DivX Converter
- Added experimental DLNA Controller and HEVC adaptive streaming
What is new in version 10.1.1:
DivX 7 for Mac includes DivX Codec, DivX Player, DivX Web Player with a 15 day Trial of DivX Converter and 6-month trial of the DivX Pro Codec.