Downcast, the popular iOS podcast app is now available for OS X. Download, play and sync your favorite podcasts with an intuitive interface built specifically for podcasts.
What is new in this release:
- iCloud syncing improvements
- Fixes bizarre UI glitches when switching between Podcast & Playlist tabs
- Fixes issues with loading chapters
- Fixes issue preventing correct updating of the Dock icon badge
- Fixes issues with keeping the empty/non-empty playlist groups in sync
- Fixes multiple potential crashes
What is new in version 1.1.7:
- Fixes parsing issue for some feeds that include invalid characters
- Fixes several potential crashes
- Fixes broken context menu and short cuts when using the available episodes list
- Fixes issue preventing application of incoming iCloud changes
- Fixes OS X 10.8 related issue with changing the media library location
What is new in version 1.1.6:
- Adds support for additional playback speeds: 2.25x, 2.5x, and 2.75x. The full list of supported speeds is 0.5x, 1.0x, 1.25x, 1.5x, 2x, 2.25x, 2.5x, 2.75x, and 3x.
- Resolves issue preventing display of any sheet style window (podcast settings, playlist settings, etc) more than once when running Downcast on Mac OS 10.8 or 10.9.
- Fixes issue preventing continuous play from working when disabled globally and enabled for specific podcasts.
- Restores the CMD+L shortcut for locking episodes. The “Go to Now Playing Episode” feature is now bound to CMD+SHIFT+L
- Fixes issues with using keyboard shortcuts on all lists
- Fixes issue with the play now shortcut in the playlist episodes list (CMD + Shift + S)
- Fixes accessibility label for podcast & episodes lists as well as the top podcast categories & results tables in the Add UI.
- Fixes issue with refresh button on status bar on non-retina displays being clipped at the bottom.
- Fixes issue with pause/resume/retry button on rows in the downloads view
- The red bar indicating resources were inaccessible has been removed entirely. You can still get to the window for resolving issues with inaccessible resources via the File menu or the context menu for podcasts or episodes.
- Episode Details view now shows “Yes”, “No”, or “Partially” next to the “played” label.
- Fixes several potential crashes
What is new in version 1.1.4:
- Showing episode media URL as well as the link URL (if available) when displaying episode details
- Fixes bug preventing resuming of paused episode
- Fixes bug preventing downloading of episodes from some servers
- Fixes bug causing "(null)" to be displayed for an episode's description when viewing details
- Fixes bug causing crash when right-clicking an unselected podcast
What is new in version 1.1.3:
- Performance improvements for all lists, context menus.
- Bug Fixes
- Fixes several crashes
- Fixes Mac OS 10.8 specific crashes after displaying a sheet window
- Fixes restoration of main window in Mac OS 10.10
- Fixes issue with new episodes when New Episode Action is Download All New or Mark All New for Streaming
- Fixes issue causing some artwork to be skewed
- Fixes typo in podcast "Delete" menu item
- Fixes issue leading to empty podcast after certain iCloud operations
- Fixes issue leading to episode playback starting at 1x even when preference is set to something besides 1x
- Fixes issue with high CPU usage related to scoped bookmarks
What is new in version 1.1.2:
- New Features
- Adds Now Playing menu item for jumping to the now playing episode (CMD + L)
- Several iCloud Improvements
- Several UI improvements for Yosemite
- Bug Fixes
- Fixes issue leading to bogus inaccessible content warnings and breaking access to content outside of the default storage location
- Fixes playback issue causing player to jump to beginning of episode
- Fixes issue potentially hiding very old podcasts or episodes
- Fixes background refreshing
- Fixes VO issue preventing preferences tabs from being selected
What is new in version 1.1.0:
- - Switching to bookmarks instead of paths when maintaining references to files managed by Downcast. This allows Downcast to maintain access to managed content that is moved or renamed using Finder.
- Added various methods for finding local resources that were once associated with Downcast and re-associating them.
- Artwork Quicklook - Clicking a podcast's artwork in the now playing area, the podcast details view, or the episode details view, will now invoke a Quick Look UI for viewing the full quality version of the artwork.
- Custom Artwork - You can now set custom artwork for podcasts. Your custom artwork is processed and copied into your media library. The original image is not used after processing.
- eTag Support for Artwork - Artwork is no longer re-downloaded unless it has changed, assuming it resides on a modern server with eTag support.
- Mac OS 10.10 (Yosemite) compatible
- iCloud Drive support
- Artwork is now stored on disk in your media library. This increases performance, allows you to access the images, and use the new Quick Look feature.
- Changing the name of a podcast will rename its corresponding content folder in your media library.
- Improved podcast and episode detail views by tweaking the layout as well as providing a link to the local storage folder for the podcast or episode being viewed.
- Significant performance and stability improvements throughout the app.
- iCloud preferences panel has been replaced with a more useful view. The new view shows each of the categories of data we sync over iCloud, and shows the live status of each, including a much more accurate last local/last remote change date.
- iCloud syncing performance improved.
- iCloud syncing consistency improvement.
- Condensed context menus to include only options that can be valid for the view they are displayed from.
- Fixes numerous crashes
- Fixes issue where rows in download view did not use customized podcast titles
- Fixes voice over issue where customized podcast titles were not used