Electroacoustics Toolbox is a modularized, multi-channel dynamic signal analyzer and data acquisition platform for the Mac.
Electroacoustics Toolbox brings powerful tools to the Macintosh platform for multi-channel, audio-band data acquisition and real-time analysis of electrical, acoustical, and electroacoustic signals and systems. Electroacoustics Toolbox enables precision measurements of acoustic quantities, such as equivalent and time-weighted sound levels, as well as acoustic and electroacoustic systems, such as listening rooms and loudspeakers. The software is designed to work with any Mac-compatible audio hardware and supports multiple channels of 8, 16, 24, or 32-bit data with sample rates as high as the hardware will support.
Electroacoustics Toolbox features:
- Multi-channel Dual FFT Analyzer for transfer function, impulse response, correlation, time delay, SNR, and other measurements of electrical, acoustical, and electroacoustic systems (filter circuits, listening rooms, loudspeakers, etc)
- Multi-channel FFT Analyzer for real-time spectral analysis of input and output signals
- Multi-channel Meter Bridge for a quick look at input signal levels
- Fractional Octave Analyzer for octave and 1/3-octave spectral analysis
- Multi-channel Oscilloscope for real-time viewing of input signal waveforms
- Sound Level Meter for measuring instantaneous and time-averaged sound pressure levels
- Spectrogram analyzer with advanced 3D display options and cursors for pinpointing important data
- X/Y Plotter for measuring relative phase and creating Lissajous figures in real time
- Signal Generator for real-time synthesis of various waveforms and test signals
- Hardware-accelerated OpenGL graphics for fast real-time plotting
- Quartz-based graphics for high-resolution still images and prints
- Advanced control over input and output devices
- Device and individual channel calibration
- Support for units, including Volts, Amps, Pascals, and Engineering Units
- Saving complete configurations and data in project files
- Exporting data to ascii text or MAT-files for easy import into other applications
- Work with multiple independent audio devices simultaneously
- AppleScript support
What is new in this release:
Now offers built-in support for USB measurement microphones from miniDSP and Dayton Audio as well as the model 333D01 USB accelerometer from Digiducer.
What is new in version 3.7:
Improves compatibility with Yosemite (Mac OS X 10.10).
What is new in version 3.5:
Version 3.5 of Electroacoustics Toolbox extends AppleScript support to the Room Analyzer tool (sold separately), which enables automated room acoustics analysis and data retrieval via AppleScript. Now, in addition to automating the acquisition of impulse response data, users can employ AppleScript to control the analysis of that data to extract relevant room acoustics parameters.
With increased automation capabilities, the Room Analyzer tool also now takes additional steps to verify the accuracy of acoustic decay time estimates, including T20, T30, T60, and EDT. For each of these parameters a nonlinearity value (in per mille, or parts per thousand) indicates how close the acoustic decay approaches a straight line, which is the basic assumption in reverberation time estimation. A nonlinearity value greater than 10 suggests that the user might want to take a closer look at the data to determine whether adjustments must be made to the integration limits for the decay curve to get a more accurate measurement.
Version 3.5 also addresses some issues, which include the following:
- Room acoustics parameters are properly plotted across 1/3-octave bands in the Room Analyzer tool.
- Radio buttons are properly deselected in the IR source drawer of the Room Analyzer tool when switching between Dual FFT or Oscilloscope measurements.
- A bug has been addressed that could prevent the "Try" buttons in the project window from successfully opening a trial of the Noise Dosimeter or Room Analyzer tool.