Electrum is an easy to use Bitcoin client. It protects you from losing coins in a backup mistake or computer failure, because your wallet can be recovered from a secret phrase that you can write on paper or learn by heart. There is no waiting time when you start the client, because it does not download the Bitcoin blockchain.
What is new in this release:
- The password dialog will ask for password again if the user enters a wrong password
- The Master Public Key dialog displays which keys belong to the wallet, and which are cosigners
- The transaction dialog will ask to save unsaved transaction received from cosigner pool, when user clicks on 'Close'
- The multisig restore dialog accepts xprv keys.
- The network daemon must be started explicitly before using commands that require a connection
What is new in version 2.0.1:
- Fix critical bug in Trezor address derivation: passphrases were not NFKD normalized. Trezor users who created a wallet protected by a passphrase containing utf-8 characters with diacritics are affected. These users will have to open their wallet with version 2.0 and to move their funds to a new wallet.
- Use a file socket for the daemon (fixes network dialog issues)
- Fix crash caused by QR scanner icon when zbar not installed.
- Fix CosignerPool plugin
- Label Sync plugin: Fix label sharing between multisig wallets