Encryption Buddy allows you to Password Protect any kind of file. Simply drag and drop the file into the application window, provide a password, and an encrypted version of the file will be generated. No one can see the contents of the file unless they have the Encryption Buddy software and your password. Encryption Buddy allows you to store a password hint as well - so you won't forget your password.
What is new in this release:
- Fixed an issue where folder numbers would not be incremented if a folder with the name already existed during decryption
- Signed with v2 Code signature for Mavericks.
- Fixed an issue where items with the atpersand would not be decrypted
- Fixed an issue where files with the greater than and less than signs in the file name would not be encrypted.
- Yosemite Improvement - Fixed Path To Me. Also, for Mavericks, changed method for path to me to prevent double launch.
- Fixed bug introduced in latest release where folders dragged onto the program icon would not get encrypted
- Improved window handling
- App checks to make sure that the encrypted or decrypted file has been created before deleting original (if user has selected that option).