Fast Duplicate File Finder will find all duplicate files in a folder and its sub folders. The application will compare the content of your files so it will find duplicates even if they are using different file names. It uses fast binary comparison algorithm and has internal preview supporting a lot of image, video, music and text file formats. You can also preview the files in binary mode. After the scan process is finished the program shows you all duplicate files in groups and can automatically mark the older files for deletion. The auto mark algorithm has advanced settings to exclude from auto mark files with user specified extensions, file sizes, file dates and file names. You can also set which folders you want to exclude from the auto mark. There is an option to protect system files and folders which is recommended to be turned on.
The duplicate remover is a powerful utility for finding duplicate files in a folder and all its sub folders. The duplicate remover has the following features: Find duplicate files or find similar files in user specified folders, hard drives, computers or entire networks. Fast binary comparison algorithm. Internal preview supporting images, videos, music, text and binary files. Older or smaller files can be automatically marked for deletion. Duplicate files can be moved to Recycle Bin, custom folder or deleted permanently. Support for all kinds of removable media - usb drives, diskettes. Has intuitive interface and rich documentation. Process priority settings that will let the application scan in your computers IDLE time. Protection for system files and folders that will prevent damages to your system files when removing duplicates. Automatically locate duplicate files in Windows Explorer. Open file with associated program. Powerful filter and exclude from auto-check options. Powerful Quick Check/Uncheck dialog. Multi-language file system support.
What is new in this release:
- Greatly improved speed in "100% equal files" mode, especially if comparing large files with different content.
- Added two new "After Scan" options: "Save project and display results" and "Save project and close application.
What is new in version 126.96.36.199:
- Extended date options in Auto Check, Filter, Quick Check and Exclude from Auto Check, so that created, modified or last accessed file date can now be used.
- Added separate columns Created, Modified and Accessed to show each individual file date.
- Created, Modified and Accessed file dates are saved to the exported projects.
- Fixed - similarity slider can be now increased to 100% using the mouse.
- Fixed order of duplicate groups - preserved on load/save
- Fixed loading projects where decimal separator is different from the current locale decimal separator.
- Fixed moving files from UNC paths like ServerPath
What is new in version 188.8.131.52:
- Added option to Keep Folder Structure while moving files. In the previous versions it was always ON
- In Filter dialog added option to filter folders by name
- Clicking on the folders grid header icons now checks/unchecks all folders
- Browse for folder dialog is updated so that if no folders are checked - the currently selected folder is added
- If delete/move file operation fails, hex error code is displayed in the log
- Desktop folders can be scanned, all shortcut files on desktop are skipped