FastStone Capture is a lightweight, yet full-featured screen capture tool that allows you to easily capture and annotate anything on the screen including windows, objects, menus, full screen, rectangular or freehand regions and even scrolling windows/Web pages. You can choose to send captures to editor, file, clipboard, printer, email, and Word or PowerPoint document or upload them to your website. Editing tools include annotating (texts, arrowed lines, and highlights), resizing, cropping, sharpening, watermarking, applying edge effects and many more. It also allows you to record screen activities and sound into highly compressed video files. FastStone Capture saves files in BMP, GIF, JPEG, PCX, PNG, TGA, TIFF, and PDF formats.
What is new in this release:
- Added support for high-DPI/high-resolution/4K monitors
- Added a tool called Screen Focus, which helps you stay focused on the task under the mouse pointer by dimming the rest of the screen
- Added an option to show file names to the output of the "Join Images Side by Side" tool
- Added "Adjust Lighting" to the Colors menu
- Enhanced the Resize tool so you can resize the image based on pixels or percentage
- Enhanced the Screen Color Picker. Now you can:
- Press Space/+/- key to zoom in/out. Picking a color from an enlarged image is easier
- Specify prefix and suffix to customize the format of RGB, Dec and Hex values
- Enhanced the "Acquire Images from Scanner" tool by allowing you to adjust the colors and lighting of scanned images
- Other improvements and bug fixes
- Improved: New Blur version
- Fixed: Cloud AV event logging
- Fixed: Localization fixes
- Fixed: Security fixes
- Misc: Other minor bug fixes and improvements.
What is new in version 8.3:
- Added support for unicode filenames throughout the software. Screenshots can be saved in different types of characters (e.g. Arabic, Chinese, Greek, Japanese, Korean, Russian ...).
- Added "Eye Dropper" to all color dialogs.
- Added "Pixelate" as a new option for blurring images.
- Improved the "Capture Scrolling Window" tool. Now it supports Microsoft Edge browser in Windows 10.
- Improved the "Draw" tool. Both number and letter stamps can be used on screenshots.
- Other improvements and bug fixes.
What is new in version 8.2:
Minor improvements and bug fixes.
What is new in version 8.1:
Version 8.1: 1)Added "Follow mouse pointer" option to the screen recorder, which enables the recording region to follow the movement of the mouse pointer. 2)You can also move the recording region by dragging its borders. 3)Added hotkey F5 to zoom in/out while recording a screen video. 4)Added Quality options to the Audio tab of the screen recorder. 5)Added "Close tab by double-clicking on tab name" to the Editor tab of FastStone Capture's Settings. 6)Now you can put more buttons on the capture toolbar.
What is new in version 8.0:
Version 8.0: 1)Added "Fixed-Size Region" to the screen video recorder. 2)Added animated GIF converter to the screen video editor. This allows you to convert your screen videos to animated gif files, which are supported by most web browsers. 3)Now you can drag and move the yellow control bar for screen video recording. 4)Other minor improvements.
What is new in version 7.9:
Version 7.9: 1)Added "Polyline" and "Insert Mouse Pointer / Icon" to the Draw tool. 2)Added "Remove Strip / Insert Strip" to the right-click menu on a selected area. 3)Added "Lock Toolbar Position" option (a pin icon) to the new capture toolbar activated from the editor. This will lock the toolbar position for next use. 4)Now, you can join images together into a new tab directly. In previous version, it is required to save the file first. 5)Other minor improvements.