Extract/recover images, video, audio and text from files, folders, flash cards and iPods. File Juicer will extract images from PDF, PowerPoint, Excel or Word just as it will extract them from flash cards. It considers all files as the peel of an orange which can be removed and the contents extracted. Extract images from a PowerPoint slide show or presentation. Extract images and text from PDF files. Recover images and video from erased flash cards. Recover text from damaged files. Extract the images and HTML files in Safari's cache.
What is new in this release:
- Fix: Juicing large mailbox files now requires a lot less memory and is many timesfaster
What is new in version 4.65:
- Fixed: The shortcut for juicing Safari's cache now works again.
- Fixed: fireFox cache juicing could cause a crash while extracting URLs from certain files. Nobody have reported this though.
- Fixed: crash on quit on macOS 10.9.5
- New: woff and woff2 files are identified when juicing caches.
- Updated: minor error messages from unzipping stuff in FireFox caches have been removed
What is new in version 4.40:
- New: Added support for App Nap on Mac OS X 10.9 and later. When juicing huge files, perhaps for forensics investigation, File Juicer now tells OS X that it should not "App Nap until the job is done.
- Updated: Memory management updated to ARC.
- Fix: File Juicer did not find all mp3 files if they were deflated and put inside a PDF.
What is new in version 4.39:
Updated: The unofficial support back to OS X 10.6.8 has been improved. Let me know of bugs and send me files which cause them.
What is new in version 4.38:
- New: App icon.
- New: File Juicer reports when a file is completely empty or filled with zeroes. From such files nothing can ever be extracted, and for file recovery it is handy to know when a file is beyond hope.
- Updated: Version checking now includes the version of OS X into its workings, to avoid reporting updates which requiire a newer OS than you have.
- Temporary: Removal of check for OS 10.8 or newer - it might work on older systems than I have on my macs. Please report!
What is new in version 4.36:
- Updated: Built on Mavericks with XCode 5 and the latest compiler.
- Fixed: Trial of non-JPG extraction reenabled.