Fission is a streamlined audio editor designed to get you editing in minutes, not hours. It works with MP3, AAC, Apple Lossless and AIFF audio, enabling you to instantly trim and split files with no quality loss. Remove unwanted content, such as commercials, from your audio file. Re-arrange audio in a single file, copy audio from one file to another, or merge with a quick drag and drop. Create great-sounding MP3 or AAC ringtones for your cell phone.
What is new in this release:
Critical Bug Fix: We've fixed a serious regression where attempting to save split clips could fail.
What is new in version 2.3.3:
MP3 Chapters: Fission now supports saving chapter marks in MP3 files, as well as editing existing chapterized MP3s. MP3 chapters are handy for podcasters in particular.
Faster MP3 Encoding: MP3 encoding has been sped up, and is now 3x faster.
Damage Visualization: When Fission loads a damaged file, it will now visually display bad packets in the waveform.
The display of bitrates for AIFF and WAV files has been improved.
This update fixes a bug where partial M4A files, created when a recording issue occurred in Audio Hijack, failed to load.
An issue where certain lesser-used types of AAC files would not load properly has been corrected.
An audible glitch that could occasionally be heard at the end of playback of some audio files has been corrected.
A rare bug where Fission might crash with certain types of AIFF or WAV files has been fixed.
The software update mechanism (powered by Sparkle) now runs securely over HTTPS.
Other minor fixes and improvements have been made.
What is new in version 2.2.5:
- This version improves file support for several different file types. First up, loading of AAC and Apple Lossless is much faster.
- In addition, support for Apple Lossless files has been improved, with support for the rare 20-bit ALAC format.
- Tag support for FLAC files has also been improved.
- Rounding out our improved file support, chapterized AAC files are now better supported as well.
- Fission is now fully certified for use with Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan).
- Other minor fixes and improvements have been made.
- Fission now requires Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) or higher.
What is new in version 2.2.2:
- A rare crash caused by closing a window has been fixed.
- An Apple Lossless transcoding regression, triggered by files with 4096 packet size, has been fixed.
- A hidden preference to disable the limit on Smart Splits is now available.
- Logging in the Saving pipeline is now improved, and more detailed optional error reporting.
- Fission is now more forgiving of slightly malformed FLAC files, enabling them to be imported without a problem.
- Several other minor fixes and improvements have been made.
Before purchase, the quality of audio saved with Fission will be intentionally degraded with a series of audio fades.