Folx is a free application that combines two functionalities - of download manager and torrent client for Mac. Folx makes downloading extremely easy: just open the page with the file to be downloaded, click the link in your browser and Folx will start the download for you.
The application splits the file being downloaded in up to ten threads, thus significantly increasing the download speed. Its auto resume option comes handy when the downloading gets interrupted. You can also assign a tag or a few to the downloaded content for accurate and easy search through the downloaded files. You can optimize traffic allocation between different applications by regulating manually the download and upload speed.
Folx is also available as PRO version. It brings such handy features as splitting the downloads in up to 10 threads which speeds up the download process; scheduling the download tasks according to your convenience; smart speed adjustment option (download speed will be adjusted automatically whenever you need to use Internet traffic to run other applications), iTunes integration and searching the web for torrents directly from Folx.
What is new in this release:
- Added: magnet links support
- Much improved: torrents download
- Fixed: Folx Agent icon is now adaptive to Status bar color scheme
- Fixed: incorrect display of files names in File Manager on Retina displays
- Fixed: blinking icon issue in the list of completed tasks
- Fixed: issue when Folx started a download from the start in case the torrent file was previously relocated
- Fixed: erroneous torrent files download from thepiratebay.cr and kickass.so
What is new in version 3.2:
- Added: torrent files download
- Added: torrents search directly from the application - in PRO version only
- Added: possibility to create torrent file to upload to a torrent tracker
- Added: possibility to control upload speed (auto speed mode or manual adjustment)
- Added: torrent tasks prioritization