Optimized for professional use, the FontExplorer X Pro solution gives you the power you need to manage all your fonts. Now you can more easily manage, activate and organize your existing font collection as well as find and experiment with new fonts. Whether you've got a hard drive full of typefaces or a few cherished families, FontExplorer X Pro handles your font library quickly, efficiently and reliably. And when you're ready to add to your collection, you can view thousands of classic designs and the latest releases from independent foundries using the integrated store. FontExplorer X Pro features an intuitive user interface with a configurable toolbar, activation control, and comprehensive font information at your fingertips, customizable font previews, back-up functionality and access to FontExplorer X Server. Used together, FontExplorer X Pro and FontExplorer X Server are your complete solution for organizing, exploring and buying fonts and managing font licenses.
What is new in this release:
- Compatible with Mac OS X 10.9.5 and OS X 10.10 (DP 6)
- Added plug-in support for Adobe CC 2014 InCopy, InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop applications
- The last character in a Unicode range was missing from output of the Print feature
- Following an update from Linotype FontExplorer X to FontExplorer X Pro the activation status of manually activated fonts may be lost and the fonts will need to be reactivated
- If older System Font Collections from previous OS version are available, FontExplorer X Pro may crash when performing operations with the System Font Collections under OS X 10.9. Workaround: delete the old System Font Collections from "/Users/[USERNAME]/Library/FontCollections"
- Photoshop CS5-CC: Fonts in layered TIFF files are not activated by the plugin. Activation occurs correctly when converted to a PSD file
- Missing fonts are not detected in Illustrator PDF files and no font request occurs
- No font request occurs on EPS documents with non-embedded fonts
- Photoshop plugin Version 3.5.1: The font request dialog will erroneously open when a Photoshop file is selected in the Open dialog. Workaround: open files via double-click or by dragging them to the Photoshop application icon FontExplorer X Server Users and Administrators
- Imported LDAP users are not shown in Account Management and status shows "not imported" if before completing the import process a source list item is selected, the changes in the LDAP panel saved, then return to the LDAP panel and complete the import process
- If a nested LDAP Security Group name contains special characters such as *, /, ( or ) then the users inside the nested group are not shown
- The Preview feature for non-downloaded server fonts does not support previewing of Mac or Windows PostScript fonts. A message indicates that these fonts types need to be downloaded in order to preview