FretPet is a music sequencer with an interface based entirely around the guitar in which you compose using chords, fingerings, and picking patterns. FretPet plays through the built-in Quicktime synthesizer and provides a MIDI source for synthesizers like GarageBand, Absynth, FM7, Reason, MIDIPipe, etc. FretPet has been completely re-written to take full advantage of the amazing musical powers of Mac OS X.
- Create and modify chords with simple point-and-click interfaces
- Instantly find guitar fingerings for any tuning and position
- Compose chord progressions and picking patterns
- Play through QuickTime and MIDI outputs
- Play through synths like GarageBand, Absynth, FM7, etc
- Export MIDI files and QuickTime Music Movies
- Find all twelve names for any chord
- Absorb music theory without breaking a sweat
What is new in this release:
Version 1.3.3 is a bugfix release to address problems with the integrity of exported MIDI files.