G-Force is an audio visualization plug-in for media players and can also visualize auxiliary or "line-in" audio. G-Force features fast anti-aliased effects, millions of possible effect combinations, savable and scriptable effects, video file export capabilities, and unparalleled expandability. G-Force is designed to entertain you on its own, but there are many ways it can be customized and extended.
What is new in this release:
- Added 'Reload Audio Devices' button in Settings.
- On macOS, added new user control over which displays show the screensaver.
- Help windows now stay hidden when closed.
- Fixed iTunes not zeroing audio when paused.
- Updated G-Force Standalone docs.
What is new in version 5.7:
- Improved color aesthetics for dozens of WaveShapes!
- Three all-new WaveShapes in G-Force Gold and Platinum.
- Fixed screen saver for macOS retina displays.
- Fixed not restoring Direct3D state under VirtualDJ.
- Smarter hotkey support for Winamp and MediaMonkey.
- Fixed audio frozen visually when iTunes is paused.
- Fixed prefs not always being saved when quitting iTunes.
- Virtual Audio Cable is now signed by SoundSpectrum such that it is usable on Windows 8 and later.
What is new in version 5.6.2:
- Added shadows to white icons.
What is new in version 5.6.1:
- UI size tweaks.
- Fixed debug info being printed out in iTunes.
- Fixed macOS installer overwriting ~/Library permissions.
- Now bundling Virtual Audio Cable with Platinum on Windows.
What is new in version 5.5.1:
- Full debug mode no longer generates a debug log file on disk.
- Fixed network-based album cover art not loading on Windows.
- Album cover art now loads more smoothly under Windows Media Player.
- Now looking for album cover art under WMP more aggressively (e.g. folder.jpg).
- Now gracefully handling cover art that fails to load.
- Fixed track animation not translucent (and other render to texture configs) under Direct3D.
What is new in version 5.4.3:
- Workaround for iTunes fullscreen mode flag bug that caused cursor to persistently be hidden and ESC fail to exit fullscreen.
- Improved 32-bit iTunes detection for Windows.
- Improved artist string extraction logic for Windows Media Player.
- Track text animation fixes.
What is new in version 5.4.2:
- Added 64-bit support for iTunes 12.1 under Windows.
- Fixed case where track text didn't always appear when pressing 'T'.
What is new in version 5.4.1:
- Now using pixel buffer objects under OpenGL for improved performance.
- Fixed OpenGL render to texture issue affecting stability.
- Fixed audio processing issue that sometimes impaired live audio responsiveness when running G-Force Standalone, V-Bar, or Screen Saver.
What is new in version 5.4:
- Frames are now synchronized with the display device to prevent frame tearing.
- Now supporting VirtualDJ on Windows!
- Now only supporting 10.6 and later on OS X.
What is new in version 5.3:
- Enhanced track text animation cuing, takedown, and aesthetics.
- All config types now loaded through the package (VisPackage) subsystem.
- Config author attribution now appears under the config's name in the UI.
- Enhanced track text support when streaming in iTunes and Windows Media Player.
- Scripting now uses Python, making authoring scripts much easier and open-ended.
- New WaveShapes from JRM!
- The 'Meta' field is no longer used in WaveShapes and Particles since the WaveShapes package now handles configs that are both WaveShapes and particles.
- Improved audio responsiveness.
- Text Sprites are no longer supported.
- Fixed Standalone issue that was causing an audio input error on some Windows systems.
- Addressed compatibility issue under OS 10.5.