If you've ever struggled to keep track of different versions of spreadsheet or word processor files sent over email, Google Docs & Spreadsheets may be right for you. Google Docs & Spreadsheets is a free Web-based word processing and spreadsheet program that keeps documents current and lets the people you choose update files from their own computers. You can, for example, coordinate your student group's homework assignments, access your family to-do list from work or home, or collaborate with remote colleagues on a new business plan.
What is new in this release:
- Upload any file
- Shared folders--Now you can simultaneously share a group of docs with your friends, coworkers, or family, by sharing an entire folder with them.
- Bulk upload--Upload multiple files quickly to your Docs list.
- Drawings improvements--Choose 'Insert Drawing' in any document, spreadsheet, or presentation to check out these new features.
- Snap to guides-- Snap to guides helps you easily align objects with the drawings canvas and other objects.
- Polylines--Create continuous lines or even enclosed custom filled shapes composed of multiple segments. You can close shapes, fill them, and even move around points on a line by double-clicking the line.
- Draw multiple lines--It's now easier to quickly draw a sequence of related lines. Now when you finish drawing a line, arrow, or scribble, you stay in line drawing mode so you can start a new line immediately.
- Translate and detect languages in Google spreadsheets
- Forms: Add pages and allow navigation to a specific page within a form. Whether it's showing a different set of food questions for vegetarians and meat-etarians or building a Choose Your Own Adventure game, Google forms can take care of it all. Add page breaks to your form and let people fill out only the sections that are relevant to them.
- Print footnotes as endnotes Choose to print your footnotes as endnotes through the 'print settings' page.
- Dictionary translation--Find the definition of a word in a given language and then translate the word and the corresponding definitions into an alternate language.
- Equation editor--Insert and edit mathematical equations and symbols in documents.
- Forms improvements--We've added a new question type (grid), support for right-to-left languages in forms, and a new color scheme for the forms summary. Also, you can now pre-populate form fields with URL parameters, and if you use Google Apps, you can create forms which require sign-in to access.
- Translate document--You can now translate an entire document into over 40 languages.
- Solve improvement
- Export images into .xls files--Now you can export images from spreadsheets when exporting in .xls format.
- Email as an attachment--From the share button you can now email your Google Spreadsheets workbook out directly as an attachment in .xls, .csv, .ods, .pdf and other popular formats.
- Snap to grid-- Auto-align text, images, shapes, and tables within your slides.
- Insert images--Insert an image into your drawing and add scribbles, shapes, lines, arrows, and text boxes on top of the image.
- Tables--You can now add tables to Google Docs presentations.
- Automatically cycle through slides--You can automatically cycle through slides in presentation mode and enable time delay, autostart, and loop.
- Solve--With Solve, you can easily optimize linear equations by specifying a target cell for the result and adding constraints to help you reach your answer.
- DOCX Import--You can now import Word 2007 files (.docx) into Google Docs.