GraphExpert Professional is a cross-platform solution for publication-quality graphing of both discrete data and continuous functions. XY plots, bar charts, polar plots, scatterplots, contour plots, and 3D scatter/surface plots are supported (see the gallery). Also, graphs can be annotated with a variety of drawing tools such that annotations, arrows, and images can quickly and easily be added to the plot. GraphExpert Pro takes a unique approach in managing the multiple datasets and functions. Datasets may be derived from other datasets in a multitude of ways (extraction, transformations, histogramming), and a parent/child relationship is always maintained. This means that you can concentrate on the required operations to process your raw data into a usable form, and if the raw data changes for any reason, all of the operations update automatically. Further, any datasets that are already on a graph update automatically. This means less time performing repetitive work, and more time for the real task at hand. Data analyses such as regression, creation of histogram data, ANOVAs, t-tests, computing integrals/differences, moving averages, processing replicates, and computing Fast Fourier Transforms are supported.
What is new in this release:
- NEW: Added the ability digitize datasets from a source image. The digitized data becomes a component in GraphExpert Pro.
- RESOLVED: when drawing a line on a log plot, the points were not evenly spaced in log scale. Fixed.
- RESOLVED: transparency setting was lost from a contour once the graph properties dialog was exited. Fixed.
- RESOLVED: import of noisy_sin.dat, which had special tags at the top of the file, gave these special lines as the column headers. Fixed.
- RESOLVED: if a component had a colon (or another illegal filename character as defined by the operating system), the file dialog did not automatically have a default filename filled in when exporting the data. Fixed.
- RESOLVED: programmed function would fail to run if math.* functions were used. A second layer of error checking has been added in order to check advanced functions for errors before allowing the user to use them. Fixed.
What is new in version 1.2.0:
- NEW: Added the ability to join datasets
- NEW: large file/dataset support. Reading of large data files now takes a fraction of the time required previously, and multiple efficiency problems fixed in the dataset viewer and graphing components such that working with large datasets (1M rows and larger) is tractable.
- NEW: added the ability to delete any or all curves on a graph that a right click occurred over.
- CHANGED: better column header detection during file read; there is now a look-back from the start of the data to detect the column headers, so they need not be one line above the data.
- CHANGED: when multiple files are dragged to the dataset control, they are now sorted by name before importing/hotlinking.
- RESOLVED: NaN's generated in the logarithmic functions were not handled properly, leading to incorrect program behavior and possible hangs. Fixed.
- RESOLVED: some older cxp files failed to read in properly, leading to difficulty when performing subsequent curve fits. Fixed.
- RESOLVED: fix for crash in Linux, where selecting "Close Others" for a tab in the dataset editor would cause an application crash.
- RESOLVED: multiple graphing problems under OSX, caused by a faulty build, have been addressed.
30 day trial