GraphExpert Professional is a cross-platform solution for publication-quality graphing of both discrete data and continuous functions. XY plots, bar charts, polar plots, scatterplots, contour plots, and 3D scatter/surface plots are supported (see the gallery). Also, graphs can be annotated with a variety of drawing tools such that annotations, arrows, and images can quickly and easily be added to the plot.GraphExpert Pro takes a unique approach in managing the multiple datasets and functions. Datasets may be derived from other datasets in a multitude of ways (extraction, transformations, histogramming), and a parent/child relationship is always maintained. This means that you can concentrate on the required operations to process your raw data into a usable form, and if the raw data changes for any reason, all of the operations update automatically. Further, any datasets that are already on a graph update automatically. This means less time performing repetitive work, and more time for the real task at hand. Data analyses such as regression, creation of histogram data, ANOVAs, t-tests, computing integrals/differences, moving averages, processing replicates, and computing Fast Fourier Transforms are supported. The major features of the software are enumerated below: Multiplatform, Publication quality graphs, Easy-to-use User Interface, Robust file import, File hotlinking, Powerful data transformations, Miniprograms, Functions, Quality spreadsheet, Localization, Logging, Extensive Documentation, Interoperability with CurveExpert Pro.
What is new in this release:
For GraphExpert Professional, you now have the ability to conduct a nonlinear regression as one of the analysis options. You define the formula with some tunable parameters, and GraphExpert Pro does the rest, optimizing the parameters to fit the data. Also, Lowess smoothing capability has been added. Along with these two main additions, we also have added the ability to have legends in the plot automatically sync to the names of the datasets in the components pane. This option is enabled by default, and saves a lot of time when managing your datasets that have already been plotted. The full changelog for GraphExpert Professional is as follows:
- NEW: added capability to perform nonlinear regressions; the user defines the formula, and GraphExpert Pro optimizes the parameters to fit the data.
- NEW: added Lowess smoothing capability
- NEW: added support for syncing the legend labels to component names. A new application preference has been added for this.
- NEW: added ability to move components up and down via menu choices. Also added shortcut key documentation to right click context menu.
- NEW: added support for weighting polynomial regressions
- NEW: polynomial regressions and linear regressions now have appropriate statistics shown in the tooltip (standard error, correlation coefficient, etc).
What is new in version 1.3.1:
- NEW: Added the ability digitize datasets from a source image. The digitized data becomes a component in GraphExpert Pro.
- RESOLVED: when drawing a line on a log plot, the points were not evenly spaced in log scale. Fixed.
- RESOLVED: transparency setting was lost from a contour once the graph properties dialog was exited. Fixed.
- RESOLVED: import of noisy_sin.dat, which had special tags at the top of the file, gave these special lines as the column headers. Fixed.
- RESOLVED: if a component had a colon (or another illegal filename character as defined by the operating system), the file dialog did not automatically have a default filename filled in when exporting the data. Fixed.
- RESOLVED: programmed function would fail to run if math.* functions were used. A second layer of error checking has been added in order to check advanced functions for errors before allowing the user to use them. Fixed.