A lightweight .NET library for HTML5-based document annotation. Designed for easy integration into any .NET (ASP.NET, C#, VB.NET) app, it allows end users to annotate 50+ types of files, including PDF, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, as well as Visio, CAD and raster images.
Key features include:
1. Cross-platform compatibility. End users can view and annotate documents from any web-enabled device, including mobiles and tablets, using any HTML5-complient browser.
2. Native text rendering. Documents are rendered as text files. This allows users to select/copy and strikethrough/underline text right in documents rendered within your app or website.
3. Comprehensive set of annotation tools, including: Text annotation (strike-through/underline and comment on text). Text replacement (edit text within the document). Text/area redaction (blackout text/area). Sticky notes with rich text. Area annotation (comment on an area marked up with a rectangle). Point annotation (add notes to any point in the document). Watermarking. Arrow (direct users' view to the pointed elements). Ruler (measure distance between objects in the document). Undo/redo options.
4. Convenient web UI. A customizable UI that comes with the library, allows users to seamlessly navigate and annotate large multi-page documents from a browser. Users can turn pages like slides and preview them with thumbnails, jump to a specified page or between annotations, print and export annotated documents to PDF.
5. Support for native Word and PDF annotations. GroupDocs annotations can be converted to/from native PDF or Word annotations for further offline/online editing.
Finally, GroupDocs.Annotation for .NET library doesn't require any client installation and can be deployed with a single DLL.
What is new in this release:
- Numerous optimizations and bug fixes
What is new in version 1.8.0:
- Selected text within the document can now be copied to the clipboard
- Added an option to disable per-word selection
- Added ability to choose a color for the Text Underline tool
- Pre-defined watermarks can now be added over document pages
What is new in version 1.7.0:
- Implemented tab-based navigation between annotations - Tooltips with user comments now appear when hovering mouse over annotations - Added document reviewer permissions override service - Updated references to the obfuscated assembly in the installers
.NET Framework version 4.0+