GroupDocs.Signature for .NET is a flexible library that allows developers to build new or enhance existing apps with electronic signature functionality. The library provides a flexible API and comprehensive controls for creating custom e-signature workflows of any complexity.
Key features include:
1. Electronic Signature Capture Control. Provides users with options to sign documents either by uploading a scanned copy of their signature, typing a signature with custom font styles, or drawing a signature with a mouse, touch or a stylus. Handwritten signatures can be drawn and applied to a document right in a web-browser.
2. Multiple Document Formats Support. All documents are signed in PDF format for security. However, the library can convert over 50+ file formats to PDF, so that users can get them e-signed as well. Among supported file formats are: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, OpenDocument, RTF, CSV, TXT, AutoCAD.
3. Documents Security and Integrity. The library provides comprehensive anti-tampering and audit-trail functionality to ensure document integrity and guarantee signature authenticity. This allows you to build legally-binding electronic signature solutions that comply with the U.S. federal ESIGN Act and UETA Act.
4. Merge Fields Handling. When preparing documents for signature, users can add merge fields like 'Name', 'Date', 'Order value', etc. Recipients can then complete them online, before applying a signature.
5. Easy-to-Follow Signature Workflows. Intuitive wizards guide users to get documents signed quickly and easily. Users can store templates for reuse; organize/archive signed documents; save recipient contacts; send email notifications and reminders.
GroupDocs.Signature for .NET can be integrated into any .NET project, including ASP.NET and console/desktop applications.
What is new in this release:
- Implemented a capability of verifying unique reference IDs applied to signed documents
- Numerous minor updates and bug fixes
What is new in version 1.8.0:
- Replaced an HTML-based selector for signature drop-down fields with the Bootstrap drop-down menu
What is new in version 1.7:
- Date formats can now be pre-defined/configured in the document preparation wizard
- Signature pen colors used in the sign dialog can now be pre-defined/configured
- Implemented a pen color selector for the signature dialog
- Implemented configurable SVG stamps for the sign engine
What is new in version 1.6:
- Summary page templates can now be configured in the UI
- Stamp images can now be configured in the UI
- Added ability to scale stamp images when signing a document from the UI
- Watermark text/images can now be configured in UI
- Summary page date format can now be configured
What is new in version 1.5:
Version 1.5: Implemented the "Save Fields" option at the backend. Implemented the "Move/Edit/Update Field" options in the document preparation module. Implemented the "Add Field" option in the document preparation module. Implemented a field container for the document preparation module.
What is new in version 1.4:
- Implemented database provider classes set-up during signature widget initialization - Removed the ClientHelper class and its methods
.NET Framework version 4.0+