Guitar Pro is first and foremost a software designed to edit tablatures for guitar, bass, and other fretted instruments from 4 to 8 strings. With the Guitar Pro software you'll be able to learn how to play, compose and improve your guitar skills.
Its great ease of use and the success of its specific file format have made it a software used by guitarists worldwide. It now includes editing support for many other instruments like the piano or the drums, a realistic audio engine, and interactive tools to support every musician's practice.
What is new in this release:
- Updated: SSL certificates for mySongBook
- Fixed: Issues on keyboards without number pads
- Fixed: Fretlight Ready driver
What is new in version 6.1.2:
- An entire rewrite, this new version is truly a major evolution for Guitar Pro, with its new interface and completely redesigned ergonomy. Characterized by a soberer presentation and leaving more room to the score, access to the various editing and sound-setting tools has been made optimal via a side-panel. You can now open several documents simultaneously, create them from templates, and edit them in full-screen mode.
- Many new musical symbols appear along with the possibility to edit over 4 voices, which thus improves writing generally for fretted instruments as well as other types of instruments - such as the piano with the grand staff. Other symbols like the "slash" notation, or multirest and simile signs now help make the score look lighter. A stylesheet has also appeared, for the user to customize his/her scores' looks entirely, in classical or jazz style, and with 70 setting parameters. You can even adjust the sizes of measures by hand with the "design" mode.
- As for the RSE (Realistic Sound Engine), a huge leap forward has been made. The soundbanks benefit enormously from being studio-recorded, they include many articulations (thumb, index finger, pick...), tempo is perfectly stable, uploading is almost instantaneous, and you can customize playing styles (fingerpicking, slap, etc.). The RSE opens up to non-fretted instruments by offering over a hundred soundbanks and fifty effect-simulators, many ready-made presets, as well as the possibility for you to create your own effect-chains. The whole thing amounts to 1.8 GB in sound-files, and some additional banks will be added in the near future. What's more, a new Automations window simplifies editing for changes in tempo, volume, and panoramic.
- Administrator's rights for installation, Internet connection for activation
- Intel Pentium 4 type processor
- 1 GB RAM
- Sound card - DVD-ROM drive
- 256 MB free HD space
- Ubuntu 9.10 or higher (officially supported distribution)
- Limitations for trial version only:
- Nag screen
- It is limited and will not let you:
- open files outside of those provided
- save files
- import ASCII, MIDI, MusicXML, PowerTab, and TablEdit files
- export to MusicXML, ASCII, or MIDI
- use other instruments than 3 guitars (nylon, steel, electric), 1 bass, 1 piano, and drums
- limited sound bank