Are you looking for an easy way to call or send SMS messages to your contacts using your Google Voice number right from your fingertips? GV Connect is your answer:
- Call or send SMS messages to anyone from your computer's Address Book database or your Google Contacts (or by manually entering any other phone number) right from your Dashboard.
- Select which of your registered phone numbers should be called to initiate the call.
- See total number of unread messages in your Google Voice inbox.
- See your currently available balance for making international calls.
- Verify location and local time of the number you call to avoid waking up people in the middle of the night.
- Quick links to directly open your Google Voice inbox, billing history, and phone setup pages.
- En-/disable forwarding numbers and do-not-disturb status for your GV number.
- Growl notifications for new incoming SMS and voicemails (optional, requires Growl installation).
What is new in this release:
- Improve geo-location based on phone number for US & CA numbers the widget will now display the city for a given phone number if possible.
- Fix display of callback number names when the names includes certain non-ASCII characters.
- Work around a CoreNetworking bug in MacOS X 10.7 (Lion) which prevented the widget from logging into Google Voice.
- Update the widget icon to be consistent with the GV Connect iOS application.
- Update the homepage link to point to new URL.
- Various stability improvements.
Google Voice account