Helicon Focus is a program that creates one completely focused image from several partially focused images by combining the focused areas. The program is designed for macrophotography, microphotography and hyperfocal landscape photography to cope with the shallow depth-of-field problem. Helicon Focus also aligns images as objects often change their size and position from shot to shot. This function is especially important for macrophotography.
Helicon Focus Lite (basic version):
- automatically adjusts and resizes images (important for stereomicroscopes and macrophotography);
- processes an unlimited number of images in the stack;
- has no limitation on image resolutions (you need at least 512M RAM to work with 8Mp+ images);
- supports "dust map" to automatically remove black points from the resulting images;
- automatically adjusts brightness of the adjacent images;
- reads RAW, 8bit and 16bit TIFFs, JPEG, JPEG 2000, BMP, etc;
- writes 8bit and 16bit TIFFs, JPEG, JPEG 2000, BMP.
Helicon Focus Pro (advanced version):
- includes all the features of the Lite version
- retouching brush to clone from aligned source images to the resulting image (cannot be performed with external photo editor)
- 2D micropanorama
Helicon Focus Pro Multiprocessor (premium version):
- includes all the features of the Pro version
- optimized to use all processors available
- 1.7 times faster with 2 processors
- 2.3 times faster with 4 processors
- Now with Helicon 3D Viewer!!!
- Export of 3D model of the object to Helicon 3D Viewer (included into Helicon Focus v4.2+ installation)
- Export of animated stacks (v4.2+)
What is new in this release:
- Many minor stability fixes
- Retouching: fixed a crash when trying to use another output as source
- Retouching: fixed an error that was preventing you from retouching pixels that are entirely on the source image
- Panorama stitching crash fixed
- Focus stacking progress indicator fixed
- Another rare crash fixed
- Added support for dropping folders (including arbitrary number of subfolders) the same ways you drop files
What is new in version 6.3.5:
- Added plug-in installation for exporting images from Lightroom.
- Added new render method "C".
- Updated Helicon Focus engine.
- Improved performance for application processes.
- Fixed some UI bugs.