Hider 2 is an app that lets you hide, encrypt, and password protect private data on your Mac. Just launch Hider 2, enter your password, and select a file to add to the Hider 2 vault. Once added, you can toggle between hidden and visible with just a click of a switch; no one can see or find your files with Finder or Spotlight when hidden in Hider 2. And upon hiding your file, Hider 2 automatically AES-256 encrypts it, too. It makes your data incredibly secure! Hider 2 has an array of organizational features that make keeping track of your hidden data a piece of cake. It has: Finder tags compatibility, the ability to hide entire folders, the ability for users to create custom groups, and in-app note taking called Secure Notes. The app also has several nifty accessibility features, like global shortcut keys, a menu bar icon, a quick-look preview mode, and Finder integration. Users can also hide and encrypt their data onto an external drive if they wish. This external drive support allows for a complete disconnection of data, giving the user an added extra layer of security. With Hider 2, you needn't worry about someone uncovering private data on your Mac. It makes it so that your private data stays private, and yet accessible to you and you alone. Hider 2 is safe, secure, and incredibly easy to use. Download it now and never again worry about your private data going public.
What is new in this release:
- Fixed issues with vaults on external drives
- Performance improvements
What is new in version 2.1:
- Restructured vault database for improved handling of unforeseen interruptions.
- Ability to choose custom primary vault location on your drive.
- Advanced secure erase options added to make traces of hidden files unrecoverable.
- Significantly improved workflow for external drives.
- User interface state preservation added.
- Drag-and-drop support for Hider 2 menu bar icon added.
- Improved compatibility with FAT and ExFAT external drives.
- Numerous usability improvements, notably modified hiding switches.
- A number of bug fixes and stability improvements.
Mac OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor