HttpMaster is a development and test tool for REST web services and API applications. HttpMaster can display and validate the most common REST formats; XML, JSON, and HTML and also supports powerful dynamic parameters, request validation, and many other properties. All these core features, along with many other options, give HttpMaster capabilities for thorough web service and API testing.
HttpMaster project (hmpr file) exposes a large number of options to fine tune generated web requests, for example, to specify http method, values of http headers, global URL and query string values, content types, request encoding, and many more. HttpMaster also supports definition of dynamic parameters which can be be used to simulate variations of input data or to create global values for reuse across multiple requests. When executing web requests, HttpMaster allows you to monitor and review complete request and response data of each executed request. When working with HttpMaster, you will use intuitive user interface with tabs, descriptive icons, 'quick help' buttons and integrated help file.
What is new in this release:
- Ability to manage list of recent project files and recent execution data files
- Action to quickly insert standard http header in request headers field
- Additional http options supported in basic request window
- Various UI improvements
What is new in version 3.9:
- HttpMaster is now dpi-aware application.
- Revamped icons for better user experience and improved high-dpi rendering.
- Option to specify URL encoding behavior on each defined parameter.
What is new in version 3.8:
- Improved functionality for building request body for posting data
- Option to specify initial value for parameters with manually provided value
- Various fixes and minor improvements
What is new in version 3.7:
- New parameter type that prompts user for the value before the execution
- Support for code folding and line numbers in pretty viewers
- New pretty viewer for displaying CSS
- Simplified opening of additional items in basic request window
- Specify description for every project request item
What is new in version 3.6:
- Introduction of new viewers for pretty data display powered by ScintillaNET.
- New pretty viewer for display of HTML response data.
- Ability to apply function to generated or obtained parameter value.
- Specify multiple values for global URL or query string for easier switching between global values.
- Improved application options window with couple of new settings.
- Advanced request item properties now available in Express Edition.
What is new in version 3.5.0:
- Build request body from an existing HTML contents
- New parameter type to obtain value from a disk file
- Simplified UI for project parameter management
- Hash data actions available with 'Field actions' button
- Change font for request/response display
- Hide columns in the main window and reset sizes
What is new in version 3.4:
- Store credentials data in project properties
- Full authentication support
- URL Encode/Decode Tool
- Manage execution order with drag and drop
- Cookie improvements
What is new in version 3.3.0:
- Support for any http method (verb)
- Option to upload selected file as Base64 string
- Improved welcome window
- Search functionality for execution data
What is new in version 3.2:
- Advanced project request settings
- Menu option to reload project file from disk
- Column widths preserved between application restarts
- Application setting to display warning message for old projects
What is new in version 3.1.0:
- Display a list of request items that use particular parameter Application setting to support international (non-ASCII) domain names
- Content type 'application/soap+xml' displayed with XML viewer by default
- 'Copy URL' and 'Open in browser' actions available in execution data toolbar
What is new in version 2.7:
Version 2.7 adds
- Support for upload type 'multipart form data'
- Align execution order with the current sort order
- 'Available actions' buttons supported in Express Edition
- 'Text Viewer' for viewing response data
- Setting to specify location for temporary execution data
- Reset sizes and positions for all windows
What is new in version 2.6:
Version 2.6 adds
- Fixed execution order index for every request item
- Creates new project from basic request window
- Selects non-default response data viewer
- Sends data in segments in basic request window
- Time delay for the first request in execution batch
- Number of deleted request items in status bar
What is new in version 2.5:
Version 2.5 adds
- Basic request feature for quick execution of simple internet requests
- Option to specify time delay between two consecutive requests
- 'Welcome window' for quick access to the most common HttpMaster actions
- Ability to close selected tab with double click
- Option to clear list of recent projects
What is new in version 2.4:
Version 2.4 adds
- Open multiple executed items in execution window
- Improved drag and drop of request items in execution window
- Request data encoding information available in execution data view
- Correct handling of JPEG orientation metadata in response viewer
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 or later